The Scar

When Fred arrived at the office, there were piles of work waiting for him. He haven't been to the office since the incident.

"What is my schedule like?" he asked his secretary.

"These documents requires your signature urgently, you have a board meeting by 2pm, a meeting with the CEO of NorCal Investment by 3pm and a meeting with the PR department by 5pm. There are also some documents you need to review before tomorrow" Grace listed. Fred had to sigh, he wasn't expecting the work to pile up that much for him.

"I was only absent for a day, why are there so many work to be done?" he complained.

"I am sorry Sir, you need to clear both yesterday and today's schedule to create balance" Grace explained.

"I will take the files that I need to review home. Since it's not 2pm yet, I will use this time to sign these documents. Do not let anyone come in unless it's important" he instructed.

"Of course Sir, do you need anything?" Grace asked.

"Coffee, a cup of coffee will do" he replied as he adjusted on his seat, ready to work.

"Right away Sir" Grace said and left immediately.

Once he was left alone, Fred placed his hand on his forehead and exhaled deeply. His mind wasn't at the work he was doing, he just kept signing without reading through. His mind was invaded by Jocelyn's thoughts. He doesn't even know what is actually going on in his head but he just couldn't take his mind off her.

The thought of her attempting to hurt herself again crossed his mind and for a few seconds, he tensed. Fred knew very well that she doesn't look like someone that will do that again but then, he is still scared of the possibilities of it happening.

Pausing what he was doing, he hastily took his phone and dialed Kim's number. At that moment, his secretary brought in his coffee. He just waved her off and told her to leave with gestures.

The phone rang without Kim picking up, Fred hissed and dialed the number again and this time, she picked up.

"Why are you calling me when I told you I was going to class? Were you planning on getting me sent out of the class?" Kim vented on receiving the call.

"Are you done with your class?" Fred asked, ignoring the question his sister posed to him.

"I just left the class now, are you missing my troubles?" she replied playfully.

"Quit joking around Kim, I didn't call you for that. Where are you?" he questioned.

"About to enter my car, why?" she questioned back.

"I need you to go back to the mansion from there, Jocelyn is all alone in the house. I don't know what she might try to do again" he said to her.

"Were you not the one telling me to leave yesterday? I don't think she will harm herself and besides, there are maids in the house" she retorted.

"Still, I want you to go stay with her and keep an eye on her" Fred spoke up again, getting tired of arguing with his sister. She ask too many questions and talk too much.

"If you want me to do that for you, you will have to increase my allowance then" she bargained. Having no choice and knowing that he has work to do instead of disagreeing with her, he just nodded his head as if she is right in front of him.

"Fine, I will increase it by half. Happy?"

"That's why I love you so much as my favourite brother in the world" Kim said in ecstasy.

"I told you to stop saying that, I am your only brother" he scolded while rolling his eyes.

"Yeah whatever, bye" she replied and hung up before Fred could say anything else. He dropped his phone on the table and took a sip of the coffee before getting back to work, wishing he could finish everything he have to do today and go home.

                         **********
Jocelyn was at the roof top for more than an hour, she didn't bother to eat since she wasn't even feeling hungry. She is glad that she got a new phone, the first thing she did after that was log into her Instagram account which has always been her comfort zone.

Her account has about five hundred thousand followers which is an indication that she is an E-celebrity but the thing is that she's anonymous. She isn't even bearing her real name and the only thing she does there is tell stories through food. It was just recently she started cashing out from Instagram because of her engagements.

All of her followers genuinely love her and are curious to see the face behind the curtain. The fact that she's anonymous makes it even more fun, they will keep wondering if she is beautiful or ugly, tall or short, single or married and the likes of them. That sincerely excites her!

She sat down on the chair on the roof top and kept scrolling through her page while reading comments on her posts. Instagram is the only place she hides, it's more like her safe haven since it has always been her against the world. It took her years to grow this account, the name "Anonymous Foodie" sounds lame to her but it's cool, people likes it and that's what matters on social media.

When she is fully well, Jocelyn will think of getting her own YouTube channel. It is okay to have multiple streams of income, that way, when financial challenges occur, it will be easier to treat it as urgency.

After everything that has happened in the span of four days, Jocelyn want to make money. If only she has as much power as the person that got her fired from work, bought her apartment and threw her out of it, she wouldn't have to go through all that. No one would have been able to do that to her if she has money and power.

If she wasn't made homeless, she wouldn't have been out at the time she was ràped by five men. She won't be able to heal completely and that is shaking her up badly.

Even if by chance she gets rid of the pain, the scar will forever linger on her!