10: New Beginning

Fred came home and met Kim in the living room. She stood up with curiosity written all over her the moment she saw her brother.

"You are back" she said approaching him. Fred looked around the room in search of Jocelyn but she was no where in his sight.

"Where's she?" He asked still looking around for her.

"She's in one of the guest rooms, the maids cleaned the room for her" Kim replied pointing up stairs, that made her missed her brothers harsh glare.

"I told you not to leave her all alone Kim, why is she in the room and you are here?" He asked throwing daggers at her with his eyes.

"Calm down bro, do you love her that much?" Kim said laughing but she stopped when she saw the serious look on Fred's face.

"I am sure she won't harm herself again if that's what you are afraid of and besides, she is sleeping" she explained to him while Fred sighed in relief.

He slumped down on the chair taking in a deep breath. Kim sat beside him, folding her hands on her chest.

"I can't believe you just yelled at me because of her" she said feigning hurt.  Fred sighed, he was just worried about Jocelyn and he did that. It was purely unintentional.

"I am sorry, I was just–"

"I understand, I was just pooling your legs but then, I won't forgive you until you tell me who she is" she cuts in.

Fred shook his head at her behaviour, even as she is grown, she won't stop behaving like a baby that she is not. Maybe it's because he had spoilt her way too much.

"She is just someone that will be staying with me for a while" he replied dismissively but Kim being Kim didn't budge.

"You are not going to tell me right? Is she your girlfriend? Do you like her?" She queried and her brother chose to ignore her.

Kim pouted her lips angrily, she stood up and stormed her legs on the floor.

"Fine then, can I stay here too?" She asked.

"No" Fred retorted almost instantly.

"But why? Why can't I stay here?" She asked shaking his shoulders.

"Because you have a home and a mother to take care of" he blurted. Kim smiled, this is the first time in years that he is acknowledging their mother.

Maybe soon, Fred's view about their Mum will change. Maybe she can have a happy family once again just like when she was younger.

"She have maids, you can't tell me to leave anyways" she replied sticking out her tongue at him childishly.

Fred stood up and picked his phone, if he stays here and keep on hearing his sister's ramblings, he wouldn't leave here until evening.

"Take me to her room" he said.

"Yes boss" Kim replied sarcastically and ran upstairs while Fred trailed behind her.

Kim slowly opened the door that was opposite his as they got upstairs. Her new room is just opposite his.

The siblings quietly stepped into the room so as not to wake the sleeping lady up.

In the room was Jocelyn sleeping peacefully on the bed with the duvet covering her. The paleness on her face earlier was gone, she just look so pure and innocent.

The sight of her made Fred crave for her, to touch her and hold her close to himself but he couldn't do that. It will scare the poor girl and also give his sister a stupid impression.

"See? I told you she's sleeping but you were worried sick about your love" Kim said thinking she was whispering but her voice echoed loudly in the room.

Fred covered her mouth with his palm and dragged her outside with him. He closed the door behind them as slow and gentle as he can before letting go of his sister.

"Do you have to shout when you know that she's sleeping?" He asked. Kim shrugged her shoulders with a grin on her face.

"I only whispered to you" she defended. They walked away from her door to his door.

"Did she eat anything?" He asked of which Kim nodded her head.

"Trust me bro, I made sure she ate a good amount of food. You should compensate me for a job well done even as you refused telling me anything about her" she said patting her shoulder proudly while Fred scoffed.

"Yeah right, thank you. Go downstairs and tell the maids to prepare something for me to eat, I am damn famished" he said pushing her towards the stairs as he makes attempt to open his door.

"Right, you haven't told me her name. Can I at least know that?" She asked. Fred paused then nodded his head. 

"Jocelyn, her name is Jocelyn"

                    xxxxxxxxxx

Two hours later....

Jocelyn woke up feeling refreshed, the numbness she felt earlier were all gone except for the pain in her abdomen and private part. She feel more energetic and better after taken her bath and was forced to eat by that man's sister.

She sat up on the bed and stretched herself, after giving it a lot of thought. She have decided to live with the scar instead of being suicidal.

She have a lot of unfulfilled dreams, a lot of things she wants to do before dying and she haven't done any of that. The damage those men have done to her might linger in her maybe forever but does she have to kill herself?

Reminding herself that there are a lot of people out there that are going through worse situations than hers, she relaxed herself.

She will just have to keep pushing, smile like she used to and pretend that everything is fine. That's the only thing she can do for herself.

This is the time she needs to be strong and keep pushing, not giving up. As she was lost in her own thoughts, the sound of the door opening brought her out of her trance.

Fred stepped into her room after noticing that she is awake. He smiled warmly at her as he approach her.

"You are awake" he said, more of a statement than a question. Jocelyn nodded her head in response.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Better" she replied monotonously. Fred stared at her for a while and then nodded, she looked better than she was hours ago.

"I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you and the inconveniences" she apologized with her head bowed.

From what happened earlier, she can easily put the pieces together that Fred is a public figure, the media seeing her with him and making up different kind of news they want to believe might taint his reputation.

"It's nothing, don't let that bother you. The most important thing right now is that you are fine, you should focus on recovering than to worry about trivial issues like that" advised and once again, Jocelyn nodded her head.

"Since we are going to live together, I want you to be free with me. Tell me if you need anything and I will provide it for you, okay?" Fred said confidently.

"Okay" Jocelyn replied faintly, for the first time since today, a smile found its way to her face.

"So is there anything you want?" He asked. Jocelyn thought about it for a while.

"Your name, I want to know your name"