Chapter 2: Farewell

It's raining cats and dogs, one morning, I get up early because of the cold weather. So that, I proceed to the our balcony to see the situation outside. I remain standing in front of the door, all I can do that time is to put my attention on how the rain pour wayred the land and plants. While watching the leaves falling down due to the strong winds. And listening to the chirping of the birds.That was very early, thats why I can go outside to enjoy the scenario which is once in blue moon.

   My mom and dad are in the inside, sitting on our sala while watching the news in the morning like want they used to do. "Harley... come get inside' I  heard my mother's voice. I and your dad we need to tell something. What's that mom... I quickly responded. "We have decided to go back Manila one week from now". I was shocked! W-whatt! why? very early mom... dad... They look to each other and speechless. They saw the sadness on my face that time, and I just go back where I'am before they called me at the balcony, which was my comfortable place to reduce my feelings.

   When the rain stopped, I've decided to go to the place where I and Nigel met, to the vacant lot, I stay there for a while reminscing the those happy moments with my play mates and especially when we were met Nigel in midst of the dark. Out of no where, I heard a familiar voice coming on my back. Saying... how is it going? I was annoyed because after he said that. He tend to make my eye blind by putting his hands around my eyes and say: Guest who's here? "Nigel is that you" I replied with angst.

   "What brought you here' he said. Ohh.. I'm just visiting this place because... Beacuse? tell me why your voice is just like that? Ahhmm... actually, Nigel me and my family we're going back to Manila after this vacation. Ohhh... I see that's why you're here to relieve the your sadness. "Yes, maybe".. I replied undoubtedly. How about and your family, what is plan after this summer vacation? We will stay here in a bit but eventually we will go there in Manila as well. I will continue my studies there just what my mom and dad said to me. Really?.. I replied.

   Suddenly while we are talking, a rainbow appears over our heads. Look! "we said to each other". The colors of the rainbow are truly bewildering, isn't it? I asked Nigel with amusement. Yahh! definitely do I like it, do you like it too? We both laughed and enjoy the view.

   "I think we need to go home Harley, it's already afternoon and we didn't eat our launch". Nigel said. Yahh.. sure let's go.

   "But before we leave, I have something to give you". I was quite and looking what he is doing. I was so surprised when he get outside the small flashlight. What's that! a flashlight?.. Yes, don't you like it? Harley said. Nooo..of course not! But why? It's just because when stuck again in the dark you won't be afraid again. Just think that I'am the flashlight who will guide you, protect and comfort you. Okayyy! He added. I don't know of what reply or give him back.But all I can do that time is to thank him for being a good friend to me, and its just an accident I gradually hugged him to show my gratitude.

   I knew that we were still young at that time,but there is something unexplainable feeling deepi side. I know that I'am a boy, my sexuality is a boy. I just ignored it eventually beacuse we are still young and we don't even know about that.

   The day before we left, I was crying. My mom, told me why son? "No, mom it's just a separation anxiety I guest". Okay, don't be sad don't you worry sometimes if your dad have time we will come back here again. It gives me a  temporarily smile.

   Clock ticking, and I can't sleep I need a complete rest so that I have an energy for our travel tommorow. My mother waking me up so early, Harley...son... get up and fix your things we need to hurry or else we will lose the flight. "Okay.. mom five minutes" I murmur. When my dad and mom has finally ready to go and I. I stop for a while breathe and close my eyes just feel the presence of this house. My mom ask something, "oh..is there something you left. Nothing mom I replied immediately.

   The moment we going out and locking the door was very dramatic its feel like we in a teleserye or movies. We are just waiting for the taxi. However, while waiting I took some glance to the vacant lot, and it was very nostalgic for me. Unexpectedly, I saw Nigel along with my other playmates coming. "We will miss you", Harley one of my friends said. And after that I saw Nigel from a far having teary eye. I knew he was uniform of my plans, my family plans. That's why, it is really hard for a true friend to lost a good friend. My tears slowly falling down, all I can do is go look him and make some wave as a sign of leaving.

   Let's go.. my parents said, the taxi stopped right in front of where we are standing. When the taxi starting to move, I feel like half of body died that time. Because during my vacation I experienced something different, and those I've created with my childhood friends and my ultimate companion Nigel, will be cherish and will  never forget. Finally!  I can able to ride on airplane, I just enjoyed every single moments of our travel. "Manila is waiting for us for sure" my mom whispered behind my ear.