Chapter 7: Love Knows No Gender

We are eating breakfast with my family, when we are eating altogether it is our tradition that we talk about life specifically its all about me. I was about to swallow my food, when my mom asked me this: "Harley, you're so different in the last few days? What's going on? Tell me is there something special whose makes you happy? Huh! She spoke amusingly. No...mom I'm just happy because almost every day we are eating together, and this is so surreal!. Also my dad was so very strange about my behavior, he also noticed that. "Son, Harley it seems like you have a secret, is there someone who makes you happy? I would like to know her, bring her to our house someday so that I and your mom have the opportunity to know her better"?. No..dad believe I'm just very happy today!. But deeply, to be honest I am afraid of telling to my parents my real identity. Because, whaf ifs they rejected me nor ashamed me as their child. But I controlled those things or thoughts wouldn't destroy our happy moments and I just let it vanished for a while.

   I knew that in order to be happy, you must learn on how to accept yourself by who you really are. After of our breakfast, I washed the dishes, clean the kitchen. After, doing that kind of house choirs, I went to my room, locked the door, and open the window, separate the curtain side-by-side so that the sunlight will come inside. I glanced outside the window and smell that fresh air while listening to the chirping of the birds. And the I went back where I sat on. And have some envious with the birds. " I wish I were be like them, flying and doing what they loved, they have the freedom in everything". I suddenly spoke to myself. I heard my mom was calling downstairs, "Harley, me and your father will go at work, we're now leaving please take care of the house". Yes mom..I exclaimed!

   Since, I am bored in the house. I decide to go somewhere else to lessen my boredom. I don't really know of where should I go. Not until, I saw my phone, and I'am actually confused if I will texted Nigel, because he is the only I know you can comfort me. Then undoubtedly I chatted him and said: Hi! Nigel, would you like to go out with me? I was dumbfounded by his reply "Yahh..sure why not? since today is my rest day I really love to".

   I suggested to Harley, that I want to go to the place, where we can talk to and only two of us will be there. That time, I have no choice but to strengthen myself, my confidence to him that I like him. Its already 1o'clock in the afternoon since we already left our houses. While we are walking to go to the place that we have discussed. That is at beach near and behind to our town plaza.  Although, this beach isn't astounding like others. But is perfect for the sunset to witness. We both sat near the shore the ambiance was good and the sea was very calm that time. We brought some food for us also to have a quality time. Then,no one is talking I actually don't know on how to start the conversation because I was too shy. Nigel said:" What a beautiful day! This is all I want, this is my ideal place to relieve and forget all the problems in life". Some times let's go again here and swim!. Do you know how to swim? He had so many things to say. And I was so amazed by his energy, he is so alive that time. I expect that time will be so awkward with us, because we don't have any topics to talk to.

   Almost two hours left, and I'm still sheepish to tell him my feelings. Then it's already 5 o'clock in the afternoon and the sun will slowly disappear. From then, I got the courage to tell him everything before the sunset already gone. Beacuse like sun we should need to minimize the time cause if we loss the time we can't bring it back. Wholeheartedly, say it to him, I look to his tantalizing eyes, I said: "Nigel, I know and you know that since we were a kid, we are bestfriends and you know me better than my parents". Nigel, keep silent. I just want you to know that I love you more than a friend. Nigel, suddenly move his head away from me. And said: "Yahh.. I know your a gay, and definitely accepted it. There's no wrong being like you, in fact people like you,  are the most driven, courageous and thoughtful persons". Actually, Nigel, I came to the Philippines again just for you. Nigel, speaks with trembling voice. You know what when I was in U.S., I've about you and Ezra, somebody told me that you are in good terms. I was so angry that time, because I don't so anything just to save and feel how much I love you. He just cried at me and I feel how intensed that scenario.

   I feel like I'am a robot a lifeless person, because of the mix emotions, I felt that everything banished. That time, Nigel, hold my hands and his body slowly touching mine. I felt the heat and the hardnessof his body. I can't resist because he is more powerful to me. I can't do anything just to let him hug me, and I do the same as well.

   That day was unforgettable to me, because somehow I know that I have the chance to Nigel,to love him...I know that this is will be difficult and sometimes excruciating. Because, we need to take risk in order to find real happiness. But now I and Nigel are enjoying the company of each other.  I know we are still on the process of knowing each other. But we don't let the cat out of the bag, just to avoid descrimination about this kind of love.