Chapter 4: Crush

One quite afternoon, of the 29th day of May. While, I was fell asleep, and I forgot to turned off our tv. Actually, every afternoon I always make "siesta" that's what I spend my vacation in that way I would rest my body and mind in order to be ready in the next school year.

   Tik..Tak..Tikk..Tak.. the only tiny sound that  I've heard while laying on the my bed. My dad entered the room and says.. "son wake up it's already 5 o'clock in the afternoon, prepared some foods in our dinner later. Your mom will be late today because she texted me, that she is very busy in the office". Okay, Dad! I said while my eyes are still close. I proceeded to the kitchen, I washed my face with soap and brush my teeth afterwards. Then, I followed what's my dad command, I was a little bit nervous that time. Because  we don't have any supplies in our kitchen, and the department store is half kilometer away from our home.

   Dad... Dad... We have some problems the stocks in our kitchen is not enough for me to cook the food necessarily for our dinner. 'Ohhh..I'm so sorry, here's the money be quick and buy all our needs". I immediately took the money.

   It's exactly 5:30 in the afternoon, I was walking along the street. I saw people they are all very busy as usual. I encountered the balot vendor, saying.. Do want to buy? I moved my head right and left. Because the money that I have is enough to buy foods for our dinner. From my back, I heard a glamorous voice. Hi, Harley! long time no see. "Ohhh..nice to see you again Nigel. "I replied with so much excitement in my heart". You do not eat balot? He said in a funny way. "No..of course not, that is one of my favorite street foods". Actually, I don't have money that's it! "Really.. or you were just afraid of small chick found inside". Hahaha.. he added.

  Okay, I'll buy two for us. He took the balot inside the box and its very hot. He exclaimed! One hour ago I don't noticed the time because of so much joy that I have with Nigel. Ohhh..wait my ghosh! I really need to hurry, I have a lot of  things to do, my mom is coming right now from her work, and I need to cook because she is starving for sure. Okay, let us finish this, and then I'll go with you after. He insisted! After I bought everything, I no time to waste and I cook it as fast as I could. It was successful, because before my mom came I already finish cooking. I prepared the plates,spoon and pork on our table.

   While we are eating, we talk about my studies of where do I continue my senior high. I said..mom "I think I'll stick to my previous school because that is the oy school I've known near in our house".I strongly suggested. Okay if you want to, "I think so because I don't want to be separated with you son". She added with the sweet tone of voice. That time I feel loved and valued.

  Two days, before the opening of the class. I texted Nigel, and I said: Hi, Nigel that opening of class is just around the corner, I'd like to ask where do you continue studying your senior high school. After few minutes, he replied at me "Ohh.. I'm so sorry my dad and mom have decided to continue my studies in different school a little bit far from Manila". I feel sad that time because of the bond that we had. That time I can't do anything just to stay in that school or with me. "That's fine! Nice for you". I texted with shaky hands. I followed up this message: Is it okay for to go out somewhere else like that, before the opening of classes for sure you will be busy and me as well?. Without any hesitation he replied, " Yahh sure why not!

   Since, we're both dissatisfied about last time eating balot, I suggested to him can we to plaza there is a install of street foods there. "Sure, its up to you where do you want".

  That time I was planning to confess him, everything that I like him. Because, there is no assurance of he will still like me as friend, since he is moving to another school. Who knows he will meet  a new friend or girlfriend? I don't think if it normal , or I'm just being paranoid that time.

   I volunteered to fetch him up in their house. And I was surprised he dresed up not totally formal. But his handsomeness truly came out the he stand. I was thinking in myself is this is a date? I smiled secretly to him. We went to the plaza particularly to the vendors of street foods. I can't believe Nigel can eat like a pig. Ohh..Nigel slowly there's more, you can't inexhaustible!

   After eating and enjoying those delicious foods, we just sit for a while on the bench located near the plaza. I ask him directly: "Ahmm..Nigel is there is a chance that you could fall in love with you know? same sex like that"? Nigel said, what a silly question? what kind of question is that? I  became quite for while. Just kidding! don't be upset. Why not? he added. "There's no  wrong about that– infact I really admire those people whose all I want is to be loved. That day I venerated Nigel, for being not homophobic like others.

   Why would you asking? Nothing, don't mind me. Okay, lets go home! And while we are travelling going back in our houses, the smile on my face didn't remove. My happiness that time is overflowing.