4- Veronica's Mission (Part 2)

Nathan and I had arrived at the huge palace they owned

Nathan and I had arrived at the huge palace they owned. They were full of stunning bright lights and the theme was the night to remember. Nathan told me that that theme was about how Natalie and him first met at the first night to remember events while they were in their different business jobs. I kept nodding my head like I believed him because he never told me about it.

After that, I spotted Natalie; she was chatty with her friends, but they seemed to be the Hispanic cruel girls from the Mean Girls movie, whom I had always admired. Nate smiled at me when I looked at him. He was staring at me, but the problem was that he was a womanizer. I couldn't believe he had two wives at the same time. He mentioned that he was in love with both of them but couldn't pick between them because they were in different states. Polygamy was outlawed for many decades.

I wandered around the ballroom, where people were dancing to wonderful peaceful music. Since I fucked Natalie, my thoughts had been racing. I had no idea why I had done this. I should have declined. I was in such a sour position right now. I'm at a loss on what to do next, but the reveal isn't till tomorrow evening. Perhaps tomorrow morning as well. Charlie had manufactured me an outfit to look like the DEA agent, complete with a fake certificated license that made it look authentic.

Also, I was sure enough to expose him and Natalie as I found out. It would ruin our marriage, but I just had to wait until the right timing. I was thinking about drinking white wine since I was in the mood for it. Natalie came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Hey Destiny, what a lovely event we did," she said.

"Yeah, yes, you looked tipsy," I remarked. She chuckled, and her smile was the brightest I'd ever seen. She was breathtakingly gorgeous. Nate approached her and kissed her lips in front of me once more. He inquired as to if she was having a good time. She laughed again and continued to sip her white wine. "Do you want white wine?" she inquired, shifting her gaze to me. I'll go grab it for you."

"I'll love that, Nat," I responded calmly, my face a nice wry smile. Nate was still looking at me as I looked up. Natalie probably didn't see since she turned around and went to the bar to grab me a drink.

"I'm sorry about Nat," he apologized. "She's always been like this at most of the events we host."

"Don't worry about it," I said.

"May I dance with you in a friendly manner?" He requested me to dance with him, which seemed strange.

"So, do you want to dance with you while your wife is laughing her ass off during your anniversary of marriage?" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and laughed. So, I crossed my arms and giggled at him.

"Well rude Miss Santiago," he responded back.

"I know, but sure. I can have a nice friendly dance with you," I said, smiling. Why am I smiling at him? He was my husband and I had to treat him like a friend.