12- The Mystery Girl (Part 2)

Enrique Torres Flores

When I awoke in the morning, I checked the time and saw that it was nearly eleven o'clock

When I awoke in the morning, I checked the time and saw that it was nearly eleven o'clock. I moaned as I glanced about since I had been so wasted the night before, but I recall everything from meeting Belinda, the stripper. I called Belinda, but she wasn't there immediately next to me. When I rose up, I noticed a letter on the table. She said she had to go early, but she kissed me when I was snoring so heavily. She didn't even want to disturb my sleep. She instructed me to check out the room before I leave. Finally, she stated that it was only a one-night stand and that she would never see me again. After reading this letter, I appeared to be completely bewildered. I believed I'd found love again, but it wasn't to be. I had to find her.

I went to take a hot shower because I was hungover, then got everything ready so I could leave. I contacted Harry and Zaylen to find out where they were, but found I was just three miles away because they were at a different hotel. They both came fifteen minutes later and dropped me off at home. I was fatigued, but I needed to get to work this evening.

Meanwhile, after concluding my shift, I decided to chat with my friend and listen to his advice. I walked to a nearby bar and entered. "How was your night last night?" he inquired.

"It was an exceptionally long night," I concluded, "and I met a stripper."

"What stripper are you talking about?" he inquired, his brow lifted. "Did you sleep with a stripper?!"

"She told me her shift was over and she brought me to a hotel where I was very drunk and in love with her," I shrugged. As he shook his head, his phone rang. He was well aware that I made hasty decisions, but this lady, Belinda, I couldn't stop thinking about. I wished I could see her again.

Whenever I heard the doorbell ring as it opened, I figured it was Kata entering the bar while she was on the phone with someone. She smiled at me before taking a quick walk to do something. She sounded like she was arguing with someone. "I don't want you coming here to see me," she screamed. It was louder than I had anticipated. She was indeed enraged.

"We split for a reason, and I never want to see you again after you cheated!" She shouted once more. Then she started speaking to him in Spanish so I could understand what she was saying. Her Hispanic accent was the cutest thing imaginable, but she was enraged. I wanted to help her but didn't want to bother her at the same time.