Chapter 7

"What do you mean?" Eli asked 

"I know you didn't just come here to check on me." Bob asked 

"I did but also for another reason." 

"What's the other reason." Bob asked 

"I need to tell you something. But I don't know how you are going to react." 

"You can tell me anything. I'm your bestfriend." 

"Bob, I like you and not just as a friend. I think about you all the time and today I realized just how much I like you when you ejected from the jet," Eli was cut off by Bob pressing his lips to hers. 

"I like you too, Hawk. I've liked you ever since you talked to me at the Hard Deck. You were the only woman that didn't look straight through me." He said sympathetically 

"How did any woman look through you? Your too cute not to notice. And you can call me Eli." Eli said This caused Bob to smile. After their shared kiss, Bob and Eli talked for hours until Bob fell asleep and Eli fell asleep holding Bob's hand. Rooster walks to Bob's room and found Bob and his twin holding hands in his room. Rooster walked as quietly as he could and shook Eli awake. 

"Eli, Eli. Wake up." Rooster said 

"Why are you waking me up? I was sleeping." Eli says, sleepily

"Huh? What's going on?" Bob said in his morning voice. His morning voice sent butterflies through Eli's stomach. 

"Rooster was waking me up." Eli said 

"Why are you waking her up?" 

"Cause we have training and so do you." Rooster says

"I'm being discharged?" Bob asked, still half asleep

"Yeah as of this morning. I was going to tell you that before I saw my sister in here." Rooster said. Eli and Bob just stare at each other. 

"Well are you going to get ready or just sit there staring at each other." After he said that, Bob gets out of the hospital bed and walks to the bathroom in the room and changes. Eli looks at Rooster before she leaves to change for training. As she walks down the hall, everything that happened the night before replayed in her head. From her confessing her feeling to Bob to him kissing her and to him confessing his feelings to her. She began to blush at where Bob had kissed her. She was so lost in her own world, she almost didn't see Phoenix in front of her. 

"Hawk." Phoenix said 

"Yeah." Eli said 

"You good? Your face is all red" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Okay" Phoenix said, suspicion enlaced in her words. Eli walked away and made her way to the bathroom to change into her flight uniform. When she heard a knock on the bathroom door. 

"Who is it?" Eli asked

"Hangman."