Chapter 11

The morning after Eli go out of the hospital was the day Mav picked his two teams and his wingman. Everyone stood up and waited for Mav's decisions but the only person who couldn't go was Eli because of her injuries and her concussion. 

"Alright, pick you two foxtrot teams." Cyclone told Mav

"Payback and Fanboy, Phoenix and Bob." Eli's eyes widened after hearing Bob's name. She didn't want to lose Bob. 

"And your wingman?" Cyclone asked. As soon as he said that, She saw Hangman stand up straight. 

"Rooster." At that point, Eli's heart was racing so fast and so loud she couldn't hear anything else. Her eyes were the widest they could go. Her boyfriend and her twin were going to go on this mission and she didn't want them to, she couldn't change it. Bob and Rooster both looked at her and started to walk towards her. They all hugged each other. Eli let go of them both and turned to them and said, "You guys better come back." 

"We will." Bob said 

"Good. Hey, Rooster can you give us a minute, please?" Eli asked her twin. His just responds with nod and walks toward Phoenix. 

"Bob, I really need you yo come back, okay? Besides my brother your the only family I have. And I love you so much." Eli said tears welling up in her eyes

"Eli, I promise to come back and your the only family I have here. And I love you too. More than anything in this world. Even more than flying. I will come back and we will spend the rest of our lives together." He says before placing a passionate kiss on Eli's lips. After a few minutes, They broke apart and Eli wrapped her arms around Bob's neck and hung on cause she didn't want to let go. She knew she had to let go at some point so that he could go get ready. She let go and he placed one last kiss on her forehead then proceeded to wipe the tears off her face. He let go of her and walked off to go get changed. Eli walked the other way to go hug her twin before he left for the mission but she couldn't find him. So she just headed to the briefing with everybody else. Through the sea of people she saw her twin and her boyfriend. Rooster had beads of sweat dripping down his head. After Warlock and Cyclone finished briefing everyone, Eli began to walk towards her twin to make sure he was okay but was stopped by Warlock. 

"Lieutenant Bradshaw, may I have a word?"