Chapter 8

Eli froze after hearing who it was. 

"You are aware that this is the girls bathroom right?" Eli said 

"Yeah, I just wanted to see if you were okay." Hangman said. Eli hurried to finish getting dressed. She walked out to come face to face with him. 

"Since when do you care?" 

"Since you walked in there awfully fast, I thought something was wrong." He said, with sympathy in his voice

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be fine?" 

"You didn't hear, did you?" 

"Hear what exactly?"

"Admiral Kazansky passed away." The minute she heard that, she rushed down the hall where she found Bob at the end of it. 

"Hey, woah. What's wrong?" He said concern laced in his words. 

"Um...Iceman is gone." She said with tears in her eyes

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry. Come here." He said with his arms out for her to hug him which she took advantage of. She laid her head in his chest and softly cried. When Rooster came down the hallway, he say Bob hugging his twin. 

"Hey, what happened?" Rooster said in a worried tone. 

"She said that Iceman passed away." Bob said in a whisper 

"Who told her? Was it you?" 

"No, I didn't even know."

 "Hey, Eli. It's gonna be okay. But I need to know who told you." 

"Hangman did. He thought I already knew." Eli said with Bob's arms still around her. 

"Okay, his funeral is today are you coming or not? You don't have to." 

"I'll go." She said wiping the tears from her face. 

"Okay, go get changed out of your flight suit and change to your uniform, okay? I'll meet you at the car that's waiting for us downstairs." With that she walked off to change to her uniform and do her hair. When she was done, she walked to the car where she met everyone. The funeral was sad to say the least, everyone was down. But it seemed to affect, Eli more than anyone else other than Maverick. She never told Rooster but she started to visit Iceman after she learned he go throat cancer. Eli wanted to know more about her dad so she talked to him to learn more about him. After the funeral, Bob came up to Eli and said, "Hey, you doing okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm doing better than before so that's a plus." Eli said 

"Can I ask why Iceman passing was harder on you than anyone else?" 

"I was really close to Iceman. I started to get to know him cause I wanted to know my dad more. But then I was there when he got cancer the first time and help his wife Sarah get through it. He was like my second dad." She said with tears in her eyes

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Come here." Bob holds his arms out to bring you into a hug. Eli wraps her arms around Bob and they stayed like that for what felt like an hour. 

"Can I ask you another question? I promise this won't make you cry." 

"Yeah. I've had enough crying for one day." 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Bob asked 

"Yes, yes! A million times yes." She said and then jump into his arms planting a kiss on his lips. Now she was crying for a whole other reason.