Part 1

It's always been hard in this dark, bloody, stink of a city. The darker the city the busier I get, and I can't complain about business, it's booming. It's money, and it beats sucking dick on the corner to make ends meet. The smell, as I walk down the streets of Kansas City impregnates my nostrils leaving only sickness. It's not just the homeless left sitting in their own piss and shit. It's death.

What once was a party haven to most is now the most sought-after Vampire stomping grounds in the city, The Power and Light District. There is so much security surrounding the area it's unbreakable. Only the elite Vamps get in, to feed on top-notch prime celebrities or purebloods. The unvaccinated. The rest, well they feed on the drug addicts in the alleys and leave the bodies for clean-up.

Clean-up, that's where I come in. When the pandemic hit the only thing that saved me from being sent to the outlands was that I'm pure blood. Being born to a hippy mother and father who protested vaccines just may have saved my life. If you can call my life, living.  The virus hit fast killing millions. The ones who rushed for the experimental vaccine started noticeably changing. They became youthful in looks, fast and their blood lust was impenetrable. People started leaving the city to the outlands until the vamps shut off the city figuring out a way to test purebloods from the rest. Purebloods were tattooed and given the option to be food or die.

Not me though. I'm Lumi Rose, I make my own rules. These vamps respect me, fear me. The only tattoos on my body are the ones I put there. I formed the largest cleanup service the city has to offer. Now, some say, what's the difference you should just get tattooed and call it good, you work for them anyway. No. I work for me. There are two types of vamps, the ones who run over you and the ones who make the rules for these blood fuckers to follow. The ones who still have morals, still some humanity left in them. The day walkers.

I work with the day walkers cleaning up the mess left behind by the greedy blood-filled vamps that have lost their shit. Knowing they can only come out at night makes my job a hell of a lot easier. Now, I don't do normal clean-up, I'm not a street cleaner. I'm a control cleaner. There are certain high-ranking day walker vamps that are feared. They should be. Their strength and powers make them nearly unbreakable, the only thing known to kill them, well we are still trying to figure that out. We don't know where their special abilities came from, no one has gotten close enough to study them.  If they know, they won't tell. I mean who would? Give up your secrets?

The most feared and powerful of them all Cye Bian

The most feared and powerful of them all Cye Bian. Location, Country Club Plaza District. This evening I have been requested to clean up a little happy accident at his estate.