✧ chapter twenty one

21.
just for your love, i'll give you the world, mona lisa's smile
aye, hell i'll do 25 to life, if it makes me a king, a star in your eyesall for us, labrinth, zendaya

❛just for your love, i'll give you the world, mona lisa's smileaye, hell i'll do 25 to life, if it makes me a king, a star in your eyes❜ — all for us,  labrinth, zendaya

HOME NOT HOME

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WELCOME TO MY new program for public speaking, ❞ Hirata announces with a clasp of his hands, "where we'll be guiding each other to improve our speech making skills and gain the confidence for all presentations awaiting in our careers."

The recording studio was booked for two hours that Monday morning. It was the first day, clearly, and there's a hefty amount of agents who had registered for the course. The basic requirement is to join with a partner already claimed. Must be a way for others to befriend a new colleague so nobody would feel left out. Honestly, you could thank Tsumugi over and over again for offering you both slots together.

"Today, we were thinking of doing something cute." Hirata gestures at Fukui next to him, both of them standing behind wooden podiums with false mics attached to the tops.

"You and your partner will come up and say a couple of things you look forward to learning with them." Fukui grins, "and if you don't know the person well, you can still say anything that comes to mind. We want to achieve a safe place, a haven for self-improvement with no judgment."

"We'll kick anyone out if we see them judging someone." Hirata warns before his face lights up again, "Fukui and I will be the first example of our activity!"

...

And so, you, Tsumugi, and the other agents watch the founders of the program speak with formal stances.  Amidst their professional postures, their language remains friendly and open. Hirata still that has congenial lilt to his voice when addressing his high hopes for his partner, Fukui could not restrain giggles when speaking about Hirata's habit of loud typing, and the both of them acknowledge these sayings generously.

"They're going for an easy-going imitation." Tsumugi comments from next to you as the other girls and boys discuss the example with their well-suited partners, "here I was worried we'd get scary teachers."

"Me too." You chuckle, skimming through the supposed syllabus of the program, "These two are extravagant for their positions, but that's what makes this fun."

"Right? Oh.." Tsumugi scoots closer to you, leaning towards as well, "Should we go first? Get it over with quickly and get some advice?"

"Uh!..s-sure, sounds good to me." You try to swallow down the tense sputter of your nerves, surprised that Tsumugi already wants go up there. The discussion ends a minute later and you're left to hastily prepare yourself to be analyzed. It doesn't look like anyone is looking forward to go up there, there seems to be at least one anxious shy-eyed partner in the pairs.