Chapter 01

Delia's POVWe landed in Seattle, and grabbed our duffel bags before getting off the plane

Delia's POV
We landed in Seattle, and grabbed our duffel bags before getting off the plane.

We headed for baggage claim and placed our bags on trolleys. We wheeled ourselves to the exit and started looking for dad. My face lit up when I saw a familiar face. Without thinking I bolted leaving behind Bella. I leaped onto a 6'0 man with curly black hair and a mustache wearing a police uniform "Daddy!" I cheered as my trolley rolled away. Dad caught it and held me up with one arm as I koala attacked him. He laughed and released him from the hug "Delia! It's so good to see you sweetheart! Did you grow again? Did you do something with your hair? It looks different" I laughed and said "No, I didn't grow. Also I started growing my hair out, it used to be at my shoulders. Do you like it long?" Dad smiled and said "My baby girl looks beautiful no matter what."

I beamed at him. That was all the reassurance that I needed. As a child I was always more tomboyish and kept my hair cut short. When I turned 14 however, I started dressing more feminine and growing out my hair. I was actually nervous that dad wouldn't like the changes, but thankfully he still loved me despite the changes.

Our moment was interrupted by huffing and puffing. We turned around and saw Bella walking up to us with her luggage.

Bella scowled at me and shoved me away before giving dad a side hug and saying "Hi Charlie" before climbing into the front seat and getting buckled. Her greeting made dad and I frown. I never called Renee by her first name to her face even if I didn't have a maternal bond with her. We shrugged it off and loaded up the cruiser.

When we arrived at home, I was startled to see two more cars in the driveway. I leaned forward and asked "Daddy? Who's cars are those?" Bella gave me a disgusted look and dad turned to me and said "Well, since you both have your licenses I figured you two might want your own cars" my face lit up and I started bouncing in my seat "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I chanted while Bella asked "Which one's mine?"

Dad chuckled at my behavior before answering "The truck is yours and the jeep is Delia's" he then let me out and I hugged him again before bolting over to my new car and saying "I'm going to call you Shelley!" As I hugged the car. My dad laughed and handed me the keys.

 My dad laughed and handed me the keys