Chapter 04

Delia's POVI pulled into The Lodge which is a popular grill restaurant located in Forks, Washington

Delia's POV
I pulled into The Lodge which is a popular grill restaurant located in Forks, Washington.

It's a favorite of mine and my dad's as it holds so many fond childhood memories of birthdays and late night rendezvous with berry cobblers with hot chocolate and coffee. It's the perfect way to end the first day back, especially after a first day at a new school. The diner itself is slightly tacky with stuffed animals on the walls and vintage sports/music posters from the 50s, 80s, and 90s. It also has a homey feel to it with its vintage yellow lace curtains and vintage at home dining room wooden furniture with dark green chair cushions.

I got out and immediately went inside to find dad and Bella seated at a table near the back. As I approached them I received multiple "Welcome back Dee's!" And "Hello's" from lodgers. I smiled warmly at them and said polite "Hello's" and "Thank you's" back. I did greet one person there much more warmly than the the others.

Stephanie was Bella's and I's babysitter from childhood. Her heart shaped face and chocolate brown hair and eyes were reminiscent of my twin and I. Which often had her mistaken to her being our mother, despite the 8 year age gap.

Stephanie had apparently became a stay at home mom to her three sons and married Christian Meyer who was her high school boyfriend. I congratulated her and asked her about her writing. She said that she was in a rut and I wished her a sympathetic 'good luck' before joining my family.

I sat down just as food and drinks were served.

I got cherry cola, dad got beer, while Bella had gotten plain water

I got cherry cola, dad got beer, while Bella had gotten plain water. 'Why does she purposely try to make it obvious that she's different? She always tries to exclude herself from us, wouldn't she be happier just being herself instead of acting like she's different? She hates sweet potatoes and thinks that artificial meat is disgusting' I sigh and shake my head.

I ask dad about his day and told him about mine. When I told him about making two new friends he was ecstatic. Making friends had always been hard for me. The only friend I ever had was my dad.

Angela was my first real friend...and Violette had quickly became a good friend too with her shared interest in music and literature.

Bella perked up at the mention of Violette and immediately asked dad's opinion about the Cullens to which he went on a rant about small minded people being rude to them for no reason. I immediately tried to calm him down and shot Bella a warning look that she ignored as the gears turned in her head.

Cora, the waitress and dad long time friend/childhood sweetheart, thankfully showed up and offered us berry cobblers on the house.

As we ate I noticed that dad kept glancing at Cora with a blush on his face. A smirk wormed it's way onto my face and I immediately started making arrangements in my head.