47. Suffering

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jungkook's strong exterior crumbled as he stumbled toward the car, his legs barely supporting him... 

It was as if all the strength he'd clung to had dissolved the moment he left the building, leaving him weak and shaky, his breath coming in ragged gasps...

Each step felt like a struggle, an exhausting task that demanded more of him than he could give...

His chest tightened, constricting painfully, just like that night when he had willingly let poison course through his veins. But this was worse—far worse....

He had consumed it again... A poison named Taehyung... That was now running in his blood... With no way to wash it out....

Desperately... he reached out to his pocket... his hands trembling slightly as he brought a cigarette to his lips, the flame from the lighter dancing unsteadily before it caught...

He wasn't one to smoke, wasn't one to let anything intoxicate him, but tonight he was desperate...

The emotions in his gut were making it impossible for him to think straight.. he needed to numb the pain out...

He took a long desperate drag, the smoke burning his throat, he waited for the pain to numb, but it wasn't enough to numb the pain, not even near enough...

He took another pull, desperate for anything to quiet the pain that was effecting him physically...

He looked around, as his men glanced at him worriedly, as he now reached out for the bottle in the compartment

Their boss never reached out for the whiskey, it was only meant for decoration in their luxurious car... Jungkook had seen it in Jimin's car and he wanted to have a little shelf, thank god he looked upto his brother so much, because he really needed the whiskey today...

He looked at the bottle... Giving it a thought... He knew it wouldn't help— but he had to try... he sipped not having enough patience to be pouring it into the glass, raw as he gulped it neat...

Han and Lee exchanged worried looks as they dared to speak..., "Sir, we're almost home... P-P-erhaps we should save the whiskey for later?"

Jungkook's jaw clenched at their audacity, It wasn't that Han was wrong—he knew better than anyone what awaited him at the mansion--- Jimin, his disappointed face,... He was in no state to face his brother like this, and yet...

"It's just a sip," he murmured, his voice flat... "I need it...."

"I'll have some coffee ready for you once we arrive, sir... It might help clear your head for the discussion."

Jungkook gave a slight nod, the tension in his chest refusing to ease despite their attempts to steer him back toward his usual composed self...

He took another sip from the bottle, but no amount of smoke or liquor seemed capable of calming him down...