Chapter 26: Tie the Knot

Helloooo, I am back with another chapter. I ate a whole bunch of toffees while writing this, without noticing that I had demolished basically the whole lot TwT. I was invested ;c hehe enjoy!

It had been a week since I had supposedly 'killed' Mine. I felt the guilt building up. Mine must hate me. I don't blame her, I hate myself right now too. I just at the moment felt like I would do ANYTHING for Esdeath. Had I really become an overdosed with love creep? My eyes focused on the pebbled floor, not listening to anything Wave was saying to me. He continued blabbering on about the sea, talking about how he used to fish. No offence to him, but nothing that he was talking about to me was at all interesting. 

We came to a halt at a small stall which sold material-like flower clips. They were beautifully well made, carefully stitched to the small metal pin. They were snow white flowers. I admired them, and looked to Wave.

"Wave can I borrow some money from you for this please?" I tilted my head. He frowned.

"What? Why? You should just-" He stopped staring at my face. I had pulled the puppy dog eyes on him. He grunted and gave in, handing me a bunch of coins. 

"Hi Sir, how much is this flower clip?" I asked the elderly man behind the wooden table. His hair was a light grey, with a wispy white beard. His eyes, a faded old blue, had a small light spark in them as he smiled straight at me.

"This beauty right here..." He looked the clip up and down, rubbing his chin. "I don't know I forgot."

I facepalmed myself and put one of my hands on his table, leaning forward.

"How much will you sell it to me for then?" I questioned. After five minutes of deciding and confirming, we came to an agreement and I paid him. I skipped off holding it carefully in my hand. Wave followed.

"So why did you want the clip?" He asked me, carrying his bag over his shoulder. I held it up to the sun, looking it over. 

"Ah...well I thought Esdeath would like it." I smiled to myself, blushing softly. Wave giggled at me and walked ahead.

"What? What's so funny?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him, catching up.

"Oh...nothing." He snickered. It was silent for a few minutes as we walked back towards the Yaegers Quarters. "You know...I'm glad General Esdeath found someone like you. She seems a lot more happier than she was before.

The blood rushed to my heart, as it started beating fast inside my chest. Hearing that made me feel...happy too. Then the sudden thought of Mine popped back into my head, my heart sinking once again. I had lied to them all about Mine still being alive. I lied to Esdeath. If she finds out, her happiness will turn into anger or something just worse. That's why I can't tell her. 

We reached the steps and wandered inside, the guards stepping to the side giving us a little nod. I remember when I tried to escape past these guards, all the guards I fought while trying to escape back to the Night Raid. My home. Well, whatever was my home. Not anymore.

Wave left me at the beginning of the hall, going right as I went straight down, towards Esdeath's room. I lightly tapped on the door to see if there was a response.

"Come in." A muffled voice called out. I turned the handle, and went inside. I closed the door behind me and peered in front of me. Esdeath was in her usual General apparells, her hat in one hand as she held a book in the other. She placed the book down on her cabinet beside her bed.

She patted the space beside her, smiling at me. I slowly dragged myself to sit beside her and held the small flower clip in the palm of my hand.

"How are you doing, my love?" Her hand rested on top of mine, intertwining her fingers with mine. 

"I'm fine, I got you something..." I showed her the flower clip before unclipping it and clipping it to her hair.

Her cheeks flushed pink as she laughed.

"What a surprise." Her hands cupped my face as she leaned forward and rested her nose against my nose. "It's beautiful."

My face broke out into a smile. My eyes gazed far into hers, her ice-blue eyes bright and big. This moment lasted for a minute before she said something that caused me to feel nervous.

"I'm so proud of you for fulfilling your duty. Killing Mine was the right thing to do sweetheart." Esdeath's eyes looked dreamy as she clung onto my arms. The back of my neck began to sweat heavily, and my stomach got that tight knot once again. Guilt and fear.

Her lips touched my cheek and she pulled back, clasping her hands together.

"I have something I wanted to discuss!" Her hands gripped onto mine and she placed them her lap, upon her thighs.

"I would like for you to be my betrothed. And I to be yours." Her eyes lit up.

My mouth opened in awe and shock. Marriage...already?! 

"W-wait...you're serious?" I asked, confused. This was a MASSIVE surprise.

"Yes. So what do you say Y/N? Will you be mine forever and marry me?" Esdeath had grown closer towards me, her face just an inch away from mine. I backed away a little and stood up.

"Do I have time to think on it or-" I looked down at her, watching her eyes grow cold. They felt like they were stabbing right into me, they looked so evil-like. I felt myself become anxious as I held my hands together.

"I-I mean...yes. I would like for that too...haha." I said quietly and nervously smiled. I mean getting married to her wouldnt be that bad would it? It's just marriage.

"So that's a yes. Perfect." Esdeath's eyes had that small dreamy look once again and she picked herself up. She cleared her throat and placed her general hat back on her head.

"If you'll excuse me fiance, I had a wedding to announce and some preparations." She grabbed me quickly and roughly shoving my face into her large chest. She kissed my forehead and left the room without another word. Before she left, she left me with a small wink of hers and marched out of the room. I sat myself back down on the bed in shock.

I'm getting married?! And to Esdeath?! The knot in my stomach became stronger, causing pain. I groaned and held my stomach.