Chapter 7

Britney's POV

 I seriously don't get what's going on with this new guy. I don't even know his name but I keep bumping into him like the world is revolving around him. I mean I don't really care about him but tye fact that I'm unconsciously reacting to his presemce is just pissing me off. 

Just then as I am still having a battle with myself, my phone beeps letting me know I have a message. This is not normal, who is messaging me at this time of the day? I really hope it's not some stupid prank Carol wants to execute on someone 'cause I'm totally not in the mood.

 I take a look at who the message is from and I immediately get irritated. Seriously?! 

                                                                                ****

 Twenty minutes after leaving school I get home and see my mum's car packed outside. I move straight to the kitchen and see her busily making loads of dishes ranging from pasta to steak and baked potatoes to meatloaf to grilled chicken gravy and also beef stew.

 The aroma from all the frying, stewing and grilling makes my mouth water. As if on cue my stomach rumbles and that reminds me that I haven't had lunch. 

My mum turns from the stove at the sound of my stomach and stares at me.

 "Good . I thought you weren't coming,." she states. 

I forget what she just said and ask her what I came home to ask.

 "Mum what is this sudden request for me to be home about? I seriously don't get what all this is about" I said using my hands to emphasize my confusion.

 "Calm down young lady and don't raise your voice in my house!"

 Wow she's pissed about something.....

 She takes a moment to breath in and out before she speaks. "Honey I'm sorry for shouting at you. It's just today one of my business partners wants to invest a huge sum of money in our new branch but the board wants to change his mind on that. And we both know that if that is to happen it won't be good for us especially now that we need money to upgrade your dad's treatment. You do want him to get better don't you?"

 "Yes mum I do." Whenever I think about my dad I always feel this pang of hurt in heart because I really miss him. I don't remember a lot about him but I know that he used to be fun but all of a sudden he changed and mostly came home drunk and would always argue with mum. According to my mum she says he fell out of love with her and would always beat her up but she still loved him in spite of all that. 

The reason she gave me for my dad's condition is that one time he came home drunk as usual and was about to hit her when he had a heart attack. When he was taken to the hospital his condition became worse and was then flied to India where he now is undergoing treatment in the hands of Doc. Williams. 

On many occasions I requested to see him; my dad but I was always denied. This made suspect my mum a bit but she and Doc. gave the excuse of following protocols so I just dropped it all together. 

"I thought so now let's get moving." 

I get closer to her in the kitchen although still a bit reluctant since I feel sad for leaving my girls without much of an explanation. We continue from where she paused as she gives orders me on what to do. 

                                                                                 **** 

Finally after all the preparations the bell rings signalling the arrival of our guest. My mum walks majestically towards the door amd opens it to reveal our guest amd who I meet at the entrance gives me total shock!

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Love y'all 😘