Chapter 12

Bri's POV

"What were you two girls up to with the phone this morning? "

"Nothing! " Carol and Christine reply in unison. 

"Oh really?! Y'all think I was born yesterday? Sorry to disappoint you 'cause I'm a ass lady."

"Sorry Bharritney." Christine snickers. 

There is silence for a moment and the we all burst into sudden laughter. 

"Buh for real guys what were you doing?" I asked still laughing. 

"Fine! Chillax!" Carol says bringing out her phone. 

I quickly grab her phone and open her gallery. The video plays and as I watch, I feel so embarrassed. 

After the video finishes, I palm my face and scream into them. The two girls burst into laughter again. After a moment their laughter ceases and that causes me to raise my head. Right that moment Bharrad walks towards our table and takes his seat right next to me.

Carol and Christine side-look each other then finally at Bharrad and I. My face heats up when he asks, "So how muvh did you miss me ?" He looks at me expecting an answer when Carol replies,

"Oh we did miss you buh Bri here missed you like seventy-five percent and ours is the twenty-five left."

My eyes bulge after hearing that response. Christine elbows Carol as they are bith on the verge of laughing their asses off.

Bharrad still looking at me smirks then replies mimicking an excited boy ,"Oh really?!" I didn't expect you all to miss me so much you know especially you Britney. But it makes me happy to know you are getting used to my presence. "

Just as we are sitting we hear a jeer from the cafeteria entrance. In walks Aiden laughing amiably with some pretty doll.

Aiden's POV

"You will enjoy this semester. That I can assure you." Aiden's say cockily. 

"I'm not into bets or else I think I would take you on a bet with that." Stella replies. 

"Why? You don't like bets?"

"Nah . I'm not much of a fun."

"Oh all right not much of a fun either. Hold on a minute." I hold her elbow to stop her in her tracks. 

"My basketball team can be loud and silly sometimes. I hope you don't mind"

"Really? I practically grew up with guys."

"Is that so? Hmm...there's a lot I need to know about you." I say mimicking a thoughtful look.

"Yeah around age nine I stayed with my cousins who are all guys. I can say I'm their only princess for now"

Clapping my hands together,  I respond. "Very well then let's have an interesting sem."

We enter together and move towards the team. As they see me approaching, one gives out a shrill jeer. Right after the others also give in causing everyone in the cafeteria to look our way.

My eyes scan the cafeteria and fall on a particular blonde. Beside her is seated the potential basketball player. Seeing her seated next to him makes me wonder how she knows him to the level of such familiarity. The idea irks me but anyways it really ain't part of my business. 

Stella and I pass beside them to get tomy team. I feel her gasp and that makes me face her.

"Bharrad?!"

"Stella?! Is that really you? "

The interaction conjures a confused lookon my face. I side glance Britney to see if she has an idea of what's going on. She has the same confused look on her face. Her minions Christine and Carol immediately leave the scene to avoid any wierd complications.

Our basketball guy moves out of his seat towards Stella and they boteh hug. After waht seams like a lifetime, they release each other. "OMG Bharrad! It's been what two, three years?"

"Yeah! But I see you haven't changed at all just maybe a little taller." Bharrad says with a smirk.

"Oh clear off! Buh you haven't turned out bad either, more bulkier and well...handsome."

*What!! Don't tell me these two were once lovers!*

As if Bharrad didn't hear that comment, he clears his throat and moves to Britney. 

"Uhmm...Britney, this is Stella McCoy. Stella this is Britney Holmes." He introduces.

Stella steps away from me just a little as if to examine Britney. 

"Gosh Bharrad! She's pretty! Oh sorry I seam loud but actually I'm not . It's just I haven't seen this hulk in a very long while." She says turning to Bharrad. 

Her comment about Britney being pretty makes me notice her features and realize she is actually very pretty. From how her thick blonde hair flows to her waist, her her pouty moist lips, ample upper and lower curves that give way to slender smooth legs. Most shockingly and definitely the sexiest thing I've ever witnessed, I notice how the confusion on her face her eyes to turn prominent emerald such that its actual mustard colour rather looks like continuous tinges of gold.

I stare ts her eyes mesmerized untill Bharrad clears his throat looking pointedly at me. My gaze leaves Britney for a second and when I  turn back, the look of confusion along with her eye- colour change have both disappeared. 

Now it's my turn to look sad and pissed at Bharrad until Stella finally decides to do the introduction. 

"Ok so...Aiden this is Bharrad Mosi, my childhood friend, brother everything. Bharrad this is Aiden Princeton."

"Nice to meet you. I think I've seen you somewhere but I can't seem to remember." Bharrad remarks. As if she were pissed Britney whispers with an eyeroll, "Of course,  Captain of the basketball team and topmost playboy."

"Yh I think I saw your face in the school's catalogue at thebasketball's section. I was thi6of joining the team myself."

Hearing Britney acknowledge my position aw the team's captain makes me happy in a way just the latter part of her comment kinda pisses me off. I mean, you just don't put out hrr own bad habit out there for a stranger to see!. Though for now he's a stranger I'm positive he won't be in the months ti come. 

For him, gaining a spot in the team won't be a problem but just so he knows I'm not simply handing a spot on a silver platter! No! He has to earn it!

"Actually you really look like a potential asset on the team but unfortunately as at now we aren't accepting new players 'cause we already have a set team training for the new matchthis season with Heartherson College.

With a defeated look he accepts it with good faith and we exchange a handshake. 

Don't forget to Vote, Like and Comment. 

Love y'all 😘😍