Chapter 15

Bri's POV

Gaping at the scenery around me I begin to anticipate what Bharrad has in store for me.

I sit with my face plastered to the window like a child who's seeing a park for the first time. Bharrad lets out a hearty laugh and that makes me realise I'm a grown adult not a seven-year old.

"Your excitement is enough to make a paralyzed body wreck with laughter." He teases.

"Oh please! It's not everyday a simple, lonely girl like me goes out with 'a beautiful Hollywood star' to an amazing, breath-taking place as this." I say mimicking a solemn, dejected expression.

"You?! Simple?! Lonely?! Please don't deceive yourself." He exclaims in disbelief.

I try to hide my laughter; putting on a hurt expression. Amusement dance in his eyes as hr makes his next retort.

" What was it you were saying, 'A beautiful Hollywood star?'"

"Um..Oh you know.... I mean just, you know, what those simple girls say when the 'ladies' man' develops feelings for them. Sometimes I really don't enjoy when those girls think so low of themselves in movies."

"Ahh, I see! What would you have had them do then?"

"Well.... they should start acting with a bit of self-esteem rather than always belittling and derailing themselves." I say expressing my thoughts.

"You know, you should be a movie analyst. You could give those movie directors some insight on how to make their movies much more appealing."

"Hmmm....I would think about it. After all I'm studying Literature which could help me branch into many other industries too."

Just as our conversation ends, Bharrad stops beneath a cliff covered with uniformly-groomed grass and lovely sprouting flowers.

"Is this the place?" I ask for confirmation.

"Definitely!" Bharrad affirms.

I stay put in my seat mesmerized by the view of the sun ahead. The sun takes on a pinkish-orange hue that makes everything look magical and from my angle the sun looks as though it was seated on the very apex of the cliff.

****

"Do you always have a fully packed picnic-iced chest in your car?" I ask as we sit on a mat amongst the flowers sipping on cool lemonade.

"Why, you think I have it prepared for whenever I whisk a lady away?" He questions me.

I reply not quite sure of my answer. "Uhm maybe?"

"You wound me sometimes Britney. But no that's not why." He remains quiet for some seconds before speaking.

"There's more to me than what meets the eye but that's a story for another time. I come here when I find things frustrating and exhausting. I would just sit and stare at the sun till it sets then wake up the next day."

"So what led you to bring the drinks along?" I inquire. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Well.... I applied the knowledge of our bodies metabolism. We all know that when we take in a lot of fluids the bladder will be pressured to release itself and that can keep me from falling asleep."

I let out a hearty laugh and he joins in with a shy, embarrassed laughter.

"Wow, that's a weird but interesting way of thinking but I guess it's effective."

"Of course it's effective. After all 'Bharrad The Great' brought it up." I roll my eyes at his comment and continue gazing at the beauty around me.

We sit together in silence, sipping on our lemonade then he asks, "Do live only with your mother?"