Chapter 13

Bri's POV

The day is finally over and 'stressed' is an understatement for what I feel right now. I feel like my bones have been liquefied. I move to the car park and unconsciously sit in a car that looks almost the same as Christine's.

"Oh Christine, I've had the worst stressful day ever and I mean this sem is just beginning!" With closed eyes I let frustratingly. 

Instead of a base-ish-tenor-ish voice, I hear a full silver-coated base voice that causes me to exclaim in my seat. 

"Oh I see, and just what is stressing you. Tell me and I will get of them all"

I open my eyes and turn in my seat only to see Bharrad sitting in the driver's seat next to me.

"Why are you screaming?  Who's car did you think this was?" He asks looking at me suspiciously. 

"Well...I..II...I thought this was Christine's car. In fact why do you and Christine have the same car?!" I exclaim still surprised. 

"Oh really? We do? I see... That's nice. She sure has good taste in cars then."

"Christine?! She's literally obsessed with cars and the worst of it all is her obsession with the brand Lexus." 

"This Christine has to become my best friend 'cause I think I have one or two of those cars and those are my second favourite. My first is the BMW."

"Oh sureee... I see I have a potential rival who wants to steal my best friend away. Hmph!"

For a moment there is silence in the car. I turn to meet his gaze fixed on me.

As if in a trance,  he comments, "You are so cute Britney. It's getting harder every second to stop myself from staring."

My eyes bulge at his comment and realizing what he just said his eyes also bulge. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. But it's the truth anyways and I'd like you to know that. Though if it still makes you uncomfortable then I'm really sorry"

"Uhhh... it's okay after all that's your opinion and it's not something I didn't know already." I say faking an arrogant British accent while flipping my hair. 

He looks astounded though amused and replies, " Oh ma belle mademoiselle do forgive this ignorant fool for tainting your good mood."

I turn to face him and we both burst into wrecks of laughter. 

"I guess you've actually gotten rid of my stress." He looks at me cockingly. 

"Only a tiny bit, sixty percent is still left in my bones. My second statement makes him a bit defeated and that makes me really guilty. I try to enlighten him again by suggesting some ideas. "I know you are smart so figure out what to do with the other sixty percent."

He makes no comment but has a determined look in his eyes. Just then he ignites the engine and sets of in motion. 

When we get to cross-junction at my house's street he takes the opposite curve away from my street; Browerville Street. 

With a perplexed expression, I ask, "Where are we going Bharrad?" He smirks but still doesn't respond. 

I turn my eyes to the dashboard only to see that he haas turned off the GPS system. Realizing the train of my thoughts his eyes dance with laughter. 

I let out a sigh and look out the window. The road is devoid any cars and is shielded by very tall luscious trees on both sides. As we move further I see mountains and hills covered in different coloured flowers. Thesight ahead causes me to gape. 

"It's beautiful right?"

"Yes it is. Where are we?"

He looks at me for a moment and answers. "My own secret place."

"I'm guessing that's what you've told all your girlfriends when you bring them here. "

He takes his eyes off the road to meet mine then returns them back to the road. After a moment he replies. "If I tell you you are the only one I've ever brought here would you believe me? "

I study the right side of his face. "Maybe and maybe not. Maybe not because you are too conspicuous for your own good." 

He laughs before asking, "And maybe because......?"

"Hold it there boy! I ain't telling you that one. Now concentrate on your driving."

We both fall silent as he drives towards the chain of mountains. 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share

Love y'all 😍😘