|3|

I woke up and Derek was gone. Of course, it wasn't like him to stay. I sighed and got out of bed. I took a quick shower and slipped into light washed jeans, a muscle tee and converse. I checked my phone to find three texts from Stiles and two from Scott. Apparently Scott had a dream about viciously murdering Allison and they couldn't find her. I walked downstairs, grabbed my keys and left.

While on my way to the high school, Stiles texted me saying that Allison was fine. I rolled my eyes and decided to drive to Derek's. Once I got there, I walked up to the half-standing house and knocked on the door. After two seconds, I realized that was stupid of me and walked in.

"Derek, you here?" I walked up the stairs, looking through all the rooms. He wasn't in any of them so I walked downstairs and started to look around. After walking through all the charred rooms with no luck of finding him, I decided to leave. I don't even remember why I came.

I stood on the porch, looking at everything around the house. It all looked so beautiful, like this house once was. I sighed then walked down the porch to my car. I was texting Stiles when a black camaro stopped right in front of me. Derek got out, " Sammy, don't walk and text, you could get ran over." I rolled my eyes at him and walked around his car to mine.

"Wait," he sighed and walked to me, "I'm sorry about last night."

I smiled up at him, "It's okay." He opened his mouth to say something, then shook his head. I smiled at him again before getting in my car. I drove to the animal clinic. Aside from helping with lacrosse, I sometimes pick up shifts at the animal clinic to talk to Scott. Plus, since Dr. Deaton is a Druid, he helps me with my werewolf problems.

I got to the clinic before Scott.

"Hey Deaton" I said as I walked in.

"Hey Sammy, how are you"

"I've been better, but thanks for asking." Right after I said that, Scott barged in.

"Sorry, sorry" He said out of breath.

"You're all of two minutes late" Deaton responded. I shook my head at him, though he didn't see me because he was looking at medication.

"I just don't want you to think I'm slacking" Scott said while putting his backpack down in the corner.

"Scott, I guarantee you, you're one of the least slacking kids in this town, alongside Samantha" I smiled at Scott.

Scott looked worriedly out the door window and I followed his line of sight. It was just the sheriff. I looked at him confused as the sheriff came in with a large dog.

"Hey, I see somebody's ready to get their stitches out" Deaton said in his animal voice which sounds like the voice you use when you talk to babies.

"Hey there Sammy, Scott, both of you staying out of trouble?" Sheriff Stilinski asked and Scott and I nodded. I worked on some paper work while Deaton put the dog on the table.

"Hey while I'm here, mind checking out these pictures I was telling you about? Sacramento still can't determine an animal"

"I'm not exactly an expert" Deaton said while taking some pictures out of an envelope.

"This is the guy who was attacked in the bus?"

"Yeah." Now I was listening to them talk because Stiles didn't tell me someone actually got hurt. "We also found wolf hairs on Laura Hale's body" Deaton looked at me for a second before looking back at the pictures.

"A wolf?!" Scott asked. "Um, I mean, I think I read somewhere that wolves haven't been in California in like 60 years."

"True enough, but wolves are highly migratory. They could've wandered in from another state driven by impulse or strong enough memory."