|10|

I was at Scott's house with Stiles. Scott wanted us to help him look for his phone.

"Call it again." Scott ordered

"It's not here." I said as I clicked on his number for the fifth time.

"Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles complained

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

"Well, "A", you're not alone. You have me and Sammy. And "B", didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? Sounds pretty dead."

"Why do you always assume he's dead" I asked Stiles, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha they're not gonna kill him." Scott pointed out

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, You know? They use Derek to get Peter problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we find Derek first just,  just help me!"

"No one's gonna hurt Allison. I'll make sure of it" The boys looked at me for a second.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles says.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone and I'm not letting him die." Scott responds.

"Aw, Scott, you have such a kind heart"

"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?"

"And Stiles has one made of ice. Okay, well, I gotta go to the mall so I'll talk to you guys later."

"Sammy. Mall. Really?" Stiles questioned

"Yes, really. Coach is making me chaperone at the formal and I don't plan on wearing sweats and an ugly sweater"

"You should" Scott joked.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes at the two as I made my way out of Scott's house. I heard Melissa on the phone, leaving a message to the jackass Peter who hasn't talked to her since their date the other night. Hearing her cry was probably the worst thing in the world. When I see Peter again, I'm gonna hit him so hard.

-

I spent almost the entire day at the mall trying to find a stupid dress for the stupid formal. I got tired of seeing the same patterns over and over again so I settled on a maroon colored lace dress. On my way to my car, I heard someone following me. They weren't making any effort to take me so I kept my pace. I noticed Chris' SUV parked next to my car. I rolled my eyes as I turned around. There he was, Chris.

"You know you don't have to follow me around like I'm 15 again right?"

"There's an alpha on the loose, of course I have to."

"What do you want weirdo" We walked side by side to my car.

"Have you seen Kate?"

"If I'd seen her, I would've called you to take her away from me" I said as I put my bags in the trunk.

"She's been MIA for like two days"

"Call her"

"I'm sent to voicemail"

"Track her"

"She's hidden"

"Well then, you're out of luck Chris. I don't keep track of our lovely sister, not anymore. I have a life of my own, I suggest you stop trying to keep a grip on her because all she does is tear away."