EPILOGUE

I HELD THE NORINCO QSZ-92A PISTOL IN MY HAND AS I FOCUSED ON THE TARGET.

I didn't even blink when I pulled the trigger. Before I put down the gun, I heard loud gasps on my back. My fifth bullseye.

"What the fuck?! Ang layo no'n, Val! Asintadong asintado! "

I didn't say anything as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I immediately disassembled the gun into its parts in seconds and placed it on the table. I reached for a fresh towel that was close by and wiped the sweat that was flowing down my face and neck.

The climate in the Philippines was very different from that in China. Kahit gabi ay mainit. Siguro ay naninibago lang ako. Matagal na din simula nang makabalik ako dito. 

"You are the best marksman they had in the Special Operations Forces, so I have no doubt that the Republic didn't want to let go of you, Alcantara. "

"I don't want to hear your praises, Isaiah. Mag-traning ka nalang. The air force was asking for your improvement. " 

I walked through the lockers of the base where we are and opened one. My shirt was dripping wet with sweat, so I pulled it up to change. I wore a new black shirt.

"I do not want to talk about it."

Padabog na isinara ko ang locker at kinuha ang DLSU hoodie na nasa bench. I placed my motorcycle key in my pocket before I headed toward the door. I want to drink some coffee. I still needed to assess the files I received from that university.

"Saan ka pupunta? Wala pa sina Rove! "

"Coffee," I answered. " I'll get back soon. "

"Hintayin mo nalang sila! "

I frowned as I looked at him. "I needed a new duplicate ID at DLSU."

"Bakit? Nasayo naman yung ID na ginawa ni Jo ah. "

Napailing ako. "It got stolen when I bought coffee at 7-Eleven together with my wallet. To avoid suspicion, I needed a new one. "

Napakamot ang lalaki sa pisngi. I just glared at him.

"Fine. Fine! Galit ka naman agad-"

Hindi ko na pinakinggan ang sasabihin niya at agad na lumabas ako. I walked towards the stairs upwards, and they led me to the back of a shelf. I pressed the red button and it opened easily. Lumabas ako mula roon bago ko ito narinig na nagsara. 

I wore my black facemask before my black cap and turned on my motorcycle. Its loud engine penetrated my ears. Pinaharurot ko na agad iyon paalis. 

It was supposed to be a short vacation here in the Philippines, but it turned out to be a short job given to me by that old man. My father. Even though I didn't want to, there was a part of me that wanted to return here. Maybe because I wanted to escape China temporarily. Just to breathe... away from the life, I didn't choose for myself.

I was merely a raised puppet under Ahma's clan. Nothing more.

I didn't even know that even at a red light, I didn't stop. I proceeded to step on the gas.

The tires screeched loudly as I stopped beside the 7-eleven store. Iniwan ko ang motorsiklo sa tabi ng poste bago pumasok sa loob. I looked around. Good. Wala gaanong tao.

My gaze was drawn to a woman seated at a table close to me as I adjusted my cap. I saw her looking outside. My forehead creased when I saw she had a gym bag beside her.

I just shook it off and went to the coffee machine to press the espresso. I really need my coffee tonight. I had to check the guns I had with me. Disassembling them will make it easier to study their parts. Lalo na sa mga bago kong nabili galing sa Italya. Those fucking guns were worth a million dollars. I can't believe I've actually bid for a gun that high.