Chapter 10

Natasha found out about the lucky charm comment the next day when she got up and was about to get a shower in the communal shower room. She stopped and looked at the TV when she saw his face,

"Captain, that was a close game and a very risky play. What made you so sure that the play would work?"

"I have my lucky charm with me today. Come on, I'm Steve Rogers. Lose isn't in my dictionary."

"What is your lucky charm?"

Pepper couldn't help but tease Natasha, "I think he mean you, Tasha. You're his lucky charm."

"No way." She replied. "I'm not his lucky charm." Pepper quirked her eyebrows. Natasha quickly grabbed her towel and headed to the bathroom. "NO! I'm not his lucky charm!" The beautiful redhead said loudly at Pepper.

"Whose lucky charm?" Tony asked as he and Bruce entered the room.

"NO ONE!" Natasha yelled and hurried away. Tony spread out a wide grin while Bruce stood still confused about everything.

"So she heard the interview?" Tony asked Pepper.

"Yeah, she heard."

"They're so going to bang each other." The rich boy said. "So, what do we have for breakfast today, my dear?"

Natasha came back to her room and she saw Tony, Bruce and Pepper still in the room. She gave them no chance to make any remark about her, Steve and the Lucky Charm comment. The beautiful girl bolted to her room and locked the door.

___________________

Steve had to pick Natasha up at her room in the morning. Their classes were in the same direction and he offered her a ride with him.

"Heyy! Natashaaaa!" Steve shouted and banged his fist at her door. "Hurry up! Class starts in ten minutes!"

"Wait! Just one more sec!"

"You said that five times already! Come on!"

The door swung open and Natasha emerged. She fumbled with her bag and books and had to shove her breakfast into Steve's hands.

"Sorry Steve, I over-slept."

"I already told you that there's no food allowed in my car!" He said, eyes narrowed.

"Well there's a first time for everything." He handed her food back to her,

"Walk and eat it." He ordered. "If you don't finish I'll throw it in the trash."

"Come on Rogers! It's not the end of the world!" Steve didn't bother arguing with her anymore. He quickly walked to the parking lot with Natasha running behind him, trying to keep up with his long footsteps. In the end, Steve allowed Natasha to eat in his car because they wouldn't make it in time to their classes.

"I have a football practice today." He told her, "You don't mind waiting for me, right?"

"Don't worry I have to go to the library anyway." She replied. "We'll meet up at 5 pm, alright?"

"Alright."

___________________

Steve had just finished with football practice when he saw that Natasha was waiting for him. They had begun this routine when Steve had first saw her sprint to her classes in the morning because she had had to wait inside the small shelter of the bus stop for the rain to stop.

He pulled out his umbrella and helped her to his car. Yeah, it was pretty gentlemanly and it was so unlike him.

"How was your practice?" She asked as she noticed a little frustration on his face.