Chapter 35

Steve and Natasha were a perfect couple in everyone's eyes. They had become very attached to one another. Steve would always pick Natasha up after class or Natasha would be found watching his practice.

They were indeed a perfect couple.

Like today, Steve was waiting for Natasha in front of her classroom. Every girl was eyeing the Captain but he didn't pay them any mind, he just texted with Natasha until she finally came out of her class room.

"Hey, sweetie" He greeted

"Hey, handsome" She hugged him and leaned up for a quick kiss.

But Steve pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. Nat allowed the intimacy because, to be honest, she liked kissing him.

Over the course of their courtship their friends had separated into two groups. The group that supported their love and the group that doubted its seriousness or more specifically doubted Steve's commitment to it.

Clint Barton fell into the second group. He never fully trusted Steve because of his reputation with women. He feared that Steve would hurt Natasha but more importantly, that he was pretending to be a good guy just to bed Natasha?

Clint got a chance to talk to Natasha about his concerns when he found her alone at the rooftop. This was the first time in many weeks that she was alone without Steve by her side.

"Hey, Barton. What's up?"

"I have something to talk to you about, Nat"

"About what? You sound serious"

"Because it is serious, Tasha." Clint sat down next to her "I'm here to talk about Steve"

Nat didn't say anything in reply because she knew what her best friend was about to say.

"You and Steve are getting too close. I'm afraid for you, Tasha. I'm not sure that he's on the up and up."

"Clint I appreciate your concern but I trust Steve. I know him. I know what is in his heart. He's a good man, Clint." Natasha answered whole heartedly.

"I don't trust him, Nat. I think he's playing you.

"Because you don't know him like I do!"

"You are completely in love with him, Nat, and it's blinding you. I'm afraid that you care for him more than he cares for you."

"He has changed, Clint. I've seen it. Just trust me on this"

"Nat, I'm worried about you. He's a player and the master of mind games."

"Clint, I know him. He would never hurt me"

Natasha got up and walked away from Clint, no longer wanting to hear his negativity about her relationship.

Why was everyone so interested in her relationship with Steve? It wasn't anyone else's business. She was tired of hearing everyone cut Steve down! Why couldn't anyone see that he had changed?!

"Hey, Nat! Shall we go?" Steve asked as he emerged from the door.

"Yeah, we should" She replied and went downstairs with Steve, leaving Clint alone on the rooftop.

___________________

They had dinner with Steve's mother and Natasha's parents the night before and ended up in Steve's room but when Nat awoke she found herself alone in bed with no sign of Steve.

She immediately began to panic, all the worst things she could imagine popping into her head. He hadn't even left her a note. She quickly dressed and walked out the bedroom to find Thor eating his breakfast.