Nuisances

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Ameri sure put us all to work, but it seems like we've gotten through the most of it. I caught her petting Iruma like he's some kind of blue-haired puppy at one point earlier, but I stopped myself from making any snide comments. It was a cute and funny scene to watch, which made me not want to ruin it with my rude sense of humor.

Now, though, I'm stuck with Ronove again. I put him through the wringer earlier when we were doing exercises, but now I have him following me around on patrol. I didn't go that hard on him; at least compared to how Schnell was treated. I simply played drill sergeant and made sure he got some valuable physical activity in, that's all!

But, back to the patrol. Ronove is grabbing attention, as usual, and the fact it's just us two together isn't helping. I take a step to the side, putting more distance between us so that nobody gets the wrong idea.

Either way, all eyes are on us and it's starting to get on my nerves. I tend to grab a lot of attention myself without trying but Ronove intentionally trying to do the same is making the problem worse.

"Can't you just turn that off?" I groan, annoyed that everyone is staring at us constantly because of Ronove's magic.

"But I must show them all how ~fabulous~ I am!" Ronove retorts, still basking in the attention and giving off the golden aura of his 'Charisma' magic.

This stupid kid...

I understand that as Student Council members, we're supposed to strike a certain 'presence' to keep all the students in check, but distracting kids enough that they walk into walls or run into each other is just too much. Yes, that happened; multiple times! I mean, it was a little funny, to be honest, but still not something that should be happening.

Ronove's ego, much like a sponge soaking up water, grows more and more as he absorbs the attention he's getting as we patrol the hallway. He's treating it like a runway, strutting down the hall as if he's some sort of model instead of simply walking like a normal person.

I seriously don't understand how Ronove can enjoy this as much as he seems to, and this is coming from someone that's used to getting unimaginable amounts of attention back home.

But, before I can probe him about this, we come across something that grabs his attention instead of the other way around.

There's a group of boys staring through a window at a group of girls inside a classroom, them all whispering to each other, grins on their faces. They don't look like they're up to any good, at least at first glance.

Ronove's smile widens and he goes to approach them, not even bothering to say a thing to me first.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I quickly ask him, trying to stop Ronove from acting on his own. In a way, I'm responsible for him since Ameri paired him with me so I can't have him doing anything crazy.

"I, Ronove, am doing my job as a member of the Student Council!" he retorts arrogantly.

I give him a skeptical look, finding his enthusiasm about this a little out-of-character.