𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐥𝐞

After Aurélie made her muffin run, she ran to wake up her sister. "Del!!!" She ran up the stairs. "What?" She called from the bathroom brushing her teeth. "I got muffins for everyone, come over!"

"Okay, let me put on some mascara!" Aurélie took the chance to go change clothes, throwing on a bandeu top and some jeans. "Let's go!" Delphine yells from the foyer. "Coming!" Aurélie shouts, the sound of her keys jingling.

"I come with muffins and a Delphine," Aurélie sings, smiling at Laurel who was sitting on the kitchen island. "With my hangover smoothie and Aurélie's muffins it will cure all," Jeremiah says cooking something.

"Can you please just hurry up?" Conrad's voice is heard from the living room. "Just go back to bed, all right?" Jeremiah says. 

Steven gets all close and personal with Jeremiah, looking over his shoulder at the egg he was cooking.

"All right, seriously, Steven. Get out. This is a delicate science and your heavy breathing is gonna break the yolk," Jeremiah says, making Steven back away. "There's no science in flipping an egg, Jere," Del says from the island.

Steven grabs a muffin from Aurélie, mouthing a thank you. "She hasn't painted you since you were little. I think it'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older," Laurel tells the kids.

"Old? No. When I'm older, I'm sure there'll be holograms or something I can watch of myself, you know," Steven says, making Aurélie laugh.

"Just sit for your portraits. I don't see Conrad complaining." "He'll complain when he's conscious," Jeremiah hands a green smoothie to Aurélie, nodding his head toward Conrad.

"Here," Aurélie hands Conrad a blueberry muffin and the smoothie. He looks up at her, "Thank you." 

Their hands touch, and neither makes a move to pull away. Aurélie felt the dynamic between them change as they touched. She pulled away first and returned to the kitchen.

Belly just walked in, smiling at Aurélie, "Belly's doing the debutante ball!" Susannah runs into the room with the card.

...

After a while of shopping to find dresses for the tea party, they stopped for their debutante dresses. Aurélie tried on probably fifty dresses before she found the one.

"Everybody's eyes will fall out of their heads when they see our girls!" Susannah exclaims, looking between Belly and Aurélie.

Laurel laughs, "I love you so much, but you're ridiculous." "I love you so much, and I know I'm ridiculous." The clerk held up a dress, and Belly's eyes widened at how beautiful it was.

"Oh, no, no,no. That one's too simple," Susannah shook her head. "But it does seem more like Belly," Laurel speaks up. "Laure, trust me, these girls go all out."

Aurélie and Belly exchanged a look of exhaustion, the former chuckling at how long they'd been at the shop.

...

Aurélie sat in between Shayla and Nicole, chatting them up about summer plans. "I'm excited for this birthday bash!" Shayla giggled, hyping her friend up. "I know! 17 going on 18! Do you have a theme?" Nicole asked Aurélie.

"Yeah, actually. Glitter," The blonde grinned, watching her friends' faces light up. "You know I'm gonna bring it, babe!" Nicole laughed. "Hi," Belly says, taking a seat next to Nicole and Aurélie.

"Hey, babe," Aurélie places a hand on her arm. "I told my mom the only way I would do this is if I could bring my girlfriend, cause I thought it would be a deal killer, but the club has been surprisingly chill about the whole thing," Marissa says.

"I'm honestly shocked," Dara smiled. "Literally, Dara I was expecting a conversion camp to spring out of the bushes. Lesbians and debutanted are like, a completely juxtaposing idea."

"Cousins like to pretend to be woke. Trust me, my family deals with it constantly," Nicole looks at Aurélie. "The things we do for college apps," Aurélie shook her head laughing. "Don't worry, Marissa. You'll get into everywhere," Shayla reassures her.

"Wait, what colleges are you applying to?" Belly asks. "All the ivys except Cornell." "So, is ths your first summer here in Cousins?" Dara asked Belly.

"No, I've been coming here for my entire life," Belly laughs. "Yeah, we're both family friends with Conrad and Jeremiah," Aurélie grins. "So, are you and Jeremiah like a thing?" Gigi asks Belly.

"Back off, Gi. They're like basically related, okay? You have nothing to worry about," Nicole looks over at Gigi. "I'm not worried."

"Keep telling yourself that, babe," Aurélie smirks. "Gigi has thing thing for Jeremiah," Nicole starts, "Ever since he got abs," Shayla finishes. Everyone at the table laughs.

"So what's it like to live with Jeremiah and Conrad?" Before Belly can answer, Paige interrupts.

"Hello, debutantes. We have a lot to look forward to this season. Now I understand some of you might think that dubbing is outdated. It's something you're doing to appease your families. But the cousins debutant ball is part of history."

As Paige continues to talk, the girls pass a flask around the table, pouring it into their mugs. "Debs, at each of your tables is a big sister who will guide you through the season. So please, introduce yourselves."

instagram! 

liked by: conradfisher, bellyconklin, shaylaaa, and 128 more

caption: deb teas and kinis! 🍵 👙

comments:

shaylaaa: you're stunning babe!!                                                                      reply: all you babes!!

delphinebeaufort: no pic creds???                                                                        reply: oops, my sis guys!!! ^^

conradfisher: wow ellie                                                                                          reply: ??

author's note!

is connie flirting with our little french girl?? omg?!!! the start of something new...thanks for reading y'all!!