𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐭

"Afternoon, chérie," Henri Beaufort's voice filled Aurélie's BMW. "Hi, Papa! I saw the Fishers and Conklins not too long ago," Aurélie told her parents. "How are they? The last time I saw the boys and Belly, you guys were so little," Sabine's voice spoke.

"They're good. It's nice seeing them again, I've missed them," Aurélie smiled through the phone as she drove home. "Maybe I should invite them over for dinner when we get in town," Sabine thought.

"Speaking of the boys, how's Conrad? Last I remember, he couldn't stop looking at you. Cupid's spell, huh?" Henri chuckled.

"Papa! Conrad and I were best friends." "You may have been best friends, but us parents knew that he always had a crush on you," Sabine grinned. Aurélie pulled into their driveway, "Well, even if he did, he doesn't anymore. He's dating Nicole."

There was a knock on the window, and Aurélie turned her head. "Hold on, maman. It's Conrad. I'll see you guys this week! Je vous aimes!" Aurélie rolled the window down, ending the call.

"I love when you speak French," Conrad smirks. "Shut up," Aurélie scoffed. "I was wondering if you wanted to go for a swim?" Conrad leaned against the car. "Sure, let me grab a suit and I'll come down."

Aurélie rolled up her window, and turned off the car. "You can come wait inside, you know," Aurélie looked behind her as she unlocked the door. "If you say so."

"You almost done?" Conrad walked up the stairs, looking at the family photos in the hallway as he waited. "Yeah," Aurélie stepped into the hallway in her bikini. "Let's go!"

"Are we going surfing?" Aurélie asked seeing Conrad's board leaned against the fence. "Yeah," he answered, closing the back door behind him. She grabbed her surfboard, and her and Conrad walked in silence.

"Wanna race?" Aurélie smirked as they got to the beach. "I wouldn't want you to lose now, would I? No need for tears this early," Conrad snickered. "Are you so sure about that?" Aurélie asked, darting for the water.

"Hey! You're a cheater!" Conrad yelled, following after her with his surfboard.

They spent about an hour in the ocean surfing, splashing water, and some swimming too. The both laid on top of their boards in the sand as they talked on the shore.

"So you're really doing this debutante ball, right?" Conrad asked. "Yeah, it's nothing new." "There's nothing fun about the ball." "You sound like you've had a bad experience, Con," Aurélie joked.

"I did. I went last year, with Nicole, actually." "Are you guys dating?" Aurélie nodded, not happy to hear his response. She missed the summer where he was her best friend's deb escort.

All he did was shrug, standing up, they started walking. "Ellie, there's something I wanna talk about-" "Aurélie?" Another voice said before Conrad could finish what he was saying.

They looked behind them seeing Mason Taylor. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize about last night. I didn't mean for you to get hurt," Mason looked at her jaw. "It's fine, Mason. You were drinking, and this one had a few more than you, so..."

"Hey man, I'm sorry about last night. It just got crazy," Mason apologized to Conrad who just nodding, saying nothing.

Mason realized he wouldn't respond and continued his thought. "I know you don't owe me any favors, but would you like to go to the Drive in Movie with me tonight?"

 "Actually we have Laurel's-" "Yeah, I'll go. It can be a fresh start for this summer," Aurélie smiled.

She looked next to her to see Conrad had left her behind, walking back to his house. "I'll pick you up at six," Mason smiled. "Yeah," Aurélie looked back at him.