2. 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍

I woke up the next morning feeling odd. Life felt unreal. I'm not sure why but maybe from the odd encounter yesterday? I've been texting Heeseung since last night and he seems to be really cool guy.

Apperantly that big group he was with are his friends and they all live together and consider themselves more of a family. Turns out they moved here only five years ago.

Besides Heeseung, theres: Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Niki. He also described each member so I know who is who now.

Jay was the one staring me down yesterday in the restaurant. I wonder what his problem is. Heeseung said he's rather rough around the edges. I don't know him but seems about right.

My mom had come home later that evening and passed out in her room. Now I'm laying in my bed, texting Heeseung with a small smile on my face.

Heeseung
Good morning Miyoung! Do you have any plans for today? Otherwise me and my friends were going to go to the fair.

Me
Yeah sure I'd love to go! What time?

Heeseung
4pm. I can pick you up so you don't have to walk.

Me
Thank you Heeseung. I'm pretty sure my mom can drive me or I can borrow her car.

Heeseung
Ok! Tell me if you need me to pick you up.

Me
Don't worry Heeseung.

I smiled and turned my phone off. I got up and changed into a nice outfit (I'll leave outfits to yall). I fixed my hair and did my casual makeup. I hopped downstairs to the kitchen where no breakfast had been made which made me roll my eyes.

My mother had gotten pretty drunk with her friend on that "lunch" she went to. I sighed and decided to just skip. I'll eat a bigger lunch to make up for it.

I glanced out the window to the garden and the woods behind it. Not much wooded areas in Busan. It wasn't huge but it wasn't just a patch of woods.

I've never gone in there. My mom said there are vampires rumored to live in there. Yeah right. This isn't Twilight, vampires dont exist. She still thinks otherwise.

I went out the back door to the garden. At the back of the garden there's a gate leading to the woods. My mother never goes past the garden. I sat on the bench, looking out into the woods.

The big oak tree was in the middle of the garden. Such broad branches and thick leaves to cover everything that lives within the tree. I looked back out toward the forest.

Someone was looking back at me. I couldn't tell who it was but it was a human silhouette. I froze in place as goosebumps ran through my skin. It felt like forever I was staring back at them.

Who would be back there? Maybe a neighbor? There's at least a quarter mile between each house so why would they be right behind mine?

I slowly stood up and began to walk towards whoever it was. They didn't move. I eventually made it to the gate. They were hidden in the shadows so I still couldn't see their face.

I slowly opened the gate. The moment it was fully open the person took off. As any dumb person does, I ran after them into the woods. Why? I felt compelled too. I don't know why.