Chapter 6: Rush

So-man wore his lab coat which he hadn't worn for past many years. Since the day he began his journey as the Vice President of MediCure, he was drown with more cooperate work than that of medicine. He looked at himself in the mirror as he slowly inhaled and exhaled.

So-man walked into the lab where Namjoon and his subordinates were waiting for the new member in their small team. So-man smiled at them and introduced himself and briefed them about some changes they will be doing in the line up.

So-man scrunched his nose of the foul smell coming from the drugs. He chuckled as he turned to Namjoon.

"How are you guys working with such foul smell?"

The other two humans lightly chuckled at his question while Namjoon and Aera shared a brief glance before the grey hybrid looked at So-man.

"Well just you three, I and Aera can't smell anything from the drug. It's odorless for us."

"Really?"

So-man asked in astonishment and he frowned his eyebrows looking at the drug placed in one bicker.

"That's strange... aren't hybrid's senses stronger than humans?"

So-man shrugged the thoughts away and continued with his work. He and Namjoon spoke about the problems they all were facing due the drugs they were given by Lee Suk.

"So you are saying that these drugs don't go well with the formula of the medicines?"

"Yes sir, in fact these drugs are showing negative results on the formula. We need to inform Mr. Choi of this or else Hybridizer will be a massive failure."

Namjoon explains while So-man listens attentively. So-man agreed to Namjoon's pled, the man knew that Hybridizer could be an invention of the century and could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine and if they fail due to any reason, all they will end up being is a laughingstock.

"Don't worry Dr. Kim I'll explain everything to Chairman."

So-man gives a small pat on the hybrid's shoulder as he read the research paper. Namjoon nervously looked at So-man which the latter noticed.

"Is there anything else Dr. Kim?"

"Yes sir... while we were working on this and just getting failed results, we worked on something on our own."

So-man looked at the hybrid carefully before nodding at him to continue. Namjoon gestured the man to come along with him. So-man followed the hybrid as the rest followed soon. As soon as he reached inside a smaller lab used to store chemicals, he saw a small covered transparent container with white substance inside it.

"What is that?"

"Prototype of Hybridizer..."

Namjoon said in soft but firm voice as he went towards the container followed closely by So-man. The man examined the container before looking up at Namjoon.

"Mind explaining?"

"Sir, we discovered something that can help us create a accurate formula of Hybridizer that is in this container."

Namjoon exhaled before proceeding more.

"Sir we found that the drug CDSCO which is commonly used to cure animals can also help in inducing cure in hybrids too but unfortunately not half hybrids."

"Is this a complete process yet?"

"Unfortunately no... this is still at work in progress and we don't want to risk any hybrids' lives just to test a theory."