Chapter 21: Change

Maya slowly started gaining her consciousness. Namjoon sat on the lone chair next to the bed causing the older hybrid to look at the male. She looked scared as she saw two unknown people in her bedroom. She tried opening her mouth but no words came out. She felt weak. Yoora rushed out of the room and then came back with a glass of water. Lifting Maya a bit up, Yoora helped the older to drink some water.

"Who are you two? Where is Suk?"

Namjoon and Yoora shared a look before moving his gaze on the weak hybrid.

"Ma'am, your husband, Mr. Choi Lee Suk is using your DNA to create a medical weapon to destroy hybrids."

The woman was bewildered. Her anger raised at his nonsensical words.

"Do you even know who my husband is?"

"Yes we do. He is someone very dangerous man."

Yoora said as she paced a bit closer to the bed. Maya shook her head in denial before shooting a glare at the pair.

"My husband was going to introduce me to the world next month. He was going to reveal our ten years of marriage!"

Maya declared taking Namjoon and Yoora by surprise.

"Ma'am? Did you say ten years?"

"Yes. Why?"

Namjoon hesitantly met Yoora's gaze before looking back at the older hybrid.

"Which year do you think we are in?"

"Year? 1999. Where is my husband? He was here last night. Where is he?"

"Ma'am..."

Namjoon paused before taking a deep breath, preparing himself to tell her the truth.

"Ma'am, this is 2021... you have been in coma for twenty-two years..."

"What?"

The world suddenly went silent. Maya felt her world turn upside down. Just last night, her husband Lee Suk came back home and promised her to bring her to the world. Give her paradise. She couldn't register Namjoon's words. Maya remembers clearly, she was completely fine then how was she in coma? Nothing made sense. She looked at Namjoon and Yoora.

"Twenty-two years? But I was alright... how? Why?"

"Ma'am, your husband, Lee Suk, he is planning a mass murder of hybrids. Please, please help us. Come with us."

"But he is my mate. How can he betray me?"

Maya cried realizing she was betrayed by her own mate. Her husband, whom she loved and trusted more than life. Everything seemed meaningless.

"We are sorry for you but right now, you need to get yourself together. Our kind's life is at stake. Please."

Namjoon said as he held her palm in his. Maya gazed at him with glossy eyes before giving him a weak nod.

MediCure Warehouse

"Everyone, make sure to check every corner of that place. We need to find the hybrids, alive. Take positions."

Jackson said as he led his team towards the warehouse. Few officers stayed outside, surrounding the area. The guards once again stopped Jackson but the officer shoved the search warrant on his face before pushing past the men.

"Everyone, stop in your positions and do not try to run. Officer Nam, search this place and find those hybrids."

"Yes sir."

Jackson watched his officers scatter away. He walked towards one of the guards.

"Where are the hybrids? Tell us now and all this ends here."