~19~

A Double update for this memorable day!!🙃💃❤️

"Do I really have to go?" Mila whined trying her best to blackmail Ummii into letting her stay at home.  "Yes....The Maigoros invited you to their family dinner Mila, it's a way of trying to accept you, appreciate that" Ummii replied.

"What about the class project I told you I have today?" She asked. "By what time?" Ummii asked. "5:00pm" she replied. "You'll have to skip it then" she said. "Ummii please!" she begged.
"You can apologize to your classmates for your absence, what are you going to tell the Maigoros if you miss this?" Ummii asked her.

"Fine....I see I have no other option but go!" She said with a sigh. "Yes...go and start getting ready" Ummii said and while muttering some words under her breath she left the living room.

"Hey Sajida!" Mila said immediately her friend and classmates picked the phone call. "Hello there kamila! Hope you didn't forget about the class project" she replied. "Uhmmm..... About that, I'm sorry I can't make it, something really important came up" she said. "Oh! Hope everything is fine?" Sajida said. "Yeah....just some family thing" she replied. "Okay then, I'll tell the others" she Said.

"Thank you" Mila sighed. "Nevermind, bye" she replied. "Bye" Mila said and hung up before sauntering into her closet to find something for the dinner.

Sajida is the only friend Mila have apart from Manal, she finds it hard to make friends with people though there is a peaceful coexistence between her and other people.

~

"Kamila, this is 4:30pm and you're still not ready?!!!" Ummii shrieked. Why is the woman freaking out for goodness sake?!!. "Almost done!" Mila replied with a groan as she slipped into her plain white princess gown with a close fitting and little details by the edges and sleeve of the clothes.

She wrapped her veil carefully before throwing her phone into a black Aldo clutch and slipping into her silver and black Zara flats. "Do I look good?" she asked Eesha who just came out of her room still in her school uniform. The girl came back about two hours ago. "You always look nice!" she replied glancing at her with a big smile before making her way to the kitchen pressing her phone.

"I'm ready Ummii!" Mila announced coming down from the staircase. "Finally" Ummii muttered and she chuckled. "Allah ya kiyaye" Ummii said.
"Ameen" she replied and move out of the house, not before kissing her mom's cheek which made her laugh.

Immediately they arrive, Mila saw a familiar sleek expensive Mercedes Benz parked right at the front of the house.
Just when she was trying to crack her brain to find out who the person is, Jawad came out of the car.

'What Is he doing here?' she thought
He's going to marry the Maigoro girl so he'll obviously be invited dummy one part of her said and she brushed it away before making her way into the house.

"Hi" she said walking past him. "Hello" he replied and they went into the dinning hall together.

"MashaaAllahhhhh!! They are finally here!" Mama, the kangirmo mom said, she quickly went and hugged Mila and sent a warm smile to Jawad's way.

Mila sighted her so called would be husband and when he send her a smile, she returned a little one.
Mila turned the other way just to see Walid coming her way, With an eye roll, she asked what he wants.

"What do you want Walid?" she asked. "C'mon! You're now my brother's wife to be, let's not be enemies okay!?" He said. "We were never enemies Walid!" she snapped. "Okay fine....were we friends?" he asked. "No!" she replied. "Then can we be now friends?"
"No, Never!!" She said and before he could even answer, Layla Graced them with her presence in all beauty!
She looked so damn beautiful one would think it's her wedding day itself and for a moment, Mila felt jealous before she quickly said an instigfar.

The dinner wasn't bad, it wasn't nice either. Few words were exchanged while eating and after they are done, Mila sent a message to her driver to come pick her.

She went to Jannah's to pray, the girl is so nice. Farukh and the youngest Maigoro aren't bad either but Layla and Walid are a whole different case.

"You know......I am so glad you are going to become my sister in law, I always feel lonely.  Ya Farukh is busy though he tries to create time for me. Ya layla and Ya Walid are literally the worst while Zahra is just a little kid and can't always keep me company. Having you will be so fun" Jannah said and Mila only smiled.

She didn't know what to say and the girl look quite lonely. "Don't you have friends?" she managed to ask at last. "They're all fake... liking me for my celebrity sister or my playboy of a brother" she said with a scoff. "They are so stupid to not notice who you are, you are so great jannah, so nice and beautiful, you are brilliant as well and can make an image of yourself....so getting away from those toxic friends is good, I'm proud of you for that! You are so courageous!"

"Here you go acting like Ya Farukh! You guys will make a great couple" she said and Mila only smiled. She's not so sure about the great couple thing Jannah said but she didn't object.

They talked for a little more time before Mila got a message from the driver saying he have arrived already.
She went and said goodbye to the older Maigoros before leaving.

"Sannu hajiya" the driver said.
This isn't Malam Shehu....
Who is this? Maybe one of the Maigoro drivers? But by her car?
She smiled.

"Are you the one picking me?" She asked. "Yes" he replied. "Who are you and where's Malam Shehu?" She asked. "I'm the new driver hajiya, Malam Shehu had to go home for something urgent so I was asked to come pick you" he said. "But he messaged me with his number that he had arrived" she said still not convinced. "I didn't have your number so I called him to tell you that I'm here" he said.

Malam shehu would have told her that he isn't the one picking her but maybe forgot to do that because of the family issue he had to urgently attend to as the new driver said she thought and brushed away all suspicions.

"Let's go" she said getting into the car
"Okay" he replied and quickly round the car to start the ignition.

Mila was tired so she leaned her head and closed her eyes. After a some minutes she opened her eyes only to see them in some deserted area. "What are we doing here?" She asked. "This is a shortcut to maitama" the driver replied. "Never seen it before" she said.
"Oh...well...I Know Abuja very much, Na dade ina aikin direba a nan" he smiled and she only nodded before resting her head again.

"What's wrong?" she asked now getting scared seeing the car has stopped in the middle of nowhere. "I think the car broke down" he said. "But the cars all got serviced a week ago after one broke down when I was in school with it" she said panicking. "Wasu masu aikin sai a hankali ayy....the mechanic probably didn't do a good job" he said.

"They got serviced in the company, not some garage so it's nearly impossible for it to break down just after a week" she said starting to suspect the guy all over again. She knows something is definitely wrong. "Don't worry, let me just walk ahead and see if we could get some help" he said and even before she could reply, he left.

"Jawad?" Mila said immediately she saw him park his car besides hers.
He just don't like the way the driver looks like, so he followed them. "What are you doing here? Are you seriously stalking me?" she asked again. "Why are you here?" he asked ignoring her. "The car broke down" she said. "Where is the driver then?" He asked. "Went round to see if we could find some help". "You'll find no help here, let's go, I'll take you home" he said but for some reason she decided to be stubborn.

"No thanks, I'll wait for the driver" she said. "Mila.... it's getting late, please listen to me, lemme take you home" he pleaded. "Jawad, I'm not going home with you okay, just leave" she said starting to get irritated.
Why can't he just leave her alone?

"Mila please......." his words were cut short with a gunshot and Mila trembled in fear. "Let's go!" he said pulling her to his car and the gunshot was heard again, this time it wasn't an empty gunshot, it really shot someone, right near the heart.

Who's shot again?
I'm tired of this shooting shooting oo!!!
So...... hello my peeps!!
How far....?
How's the chapter?
Want to find out who's shot?
Next chapter inshallah.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share........love you loads!😚
Byee!