~3~

"Go get it"
"It must be in the kitchen"
"Check whether it's with Tee"
Yes!! That's what's going on in the house, so much chaos.

The wedding is in two weeks and thank God it was fixed during the holiday or everything would have been so hectic.
Guests haven't started coming, Just the family making their own preparations, and mare thinking of guests showing up and making things more hectic than they were made Kamila feel sick in the stomach.

There's going to be a bridal shower in Abuja before they travel to Yola, their hometown for the Kamu, Nikkah and Budan Kai from the groom's side.

Everybody is in the wedding prep mood and you can't sit your butt down for a second without being send to an errand.

"Mila where's Adda khadyy?" Adda zee came asking. "Farid is crying, she went to attend to him" she replied. "Alright can you please go look for her for me I'm in maamis room?"
"Okay" she replied with a sigh and make her way to go start looking for her sister.

"And there you are, my knight in shining armour!"
"Manal I'm not doing anything for you, I'm asked to go look for Adda khadyy" Milla said. "Don't worry I'll do that, now why don't you please do me a favor and go to Adda Nims' to get the guest list of the Kamu from Ammi" Nanal begged. "Why can't you go?" Mila whined. she's been sent to Adda Nims' house for more than 3 times on that same day.

"I need to go for my fittings, the appointment is by 2:00pm and this is 1:30pm already" She said in a tiny voice trying to blackmail Mila. "Fine!" she said with a sigh. "You are a life saver! thank you" she said as she quickly turned to go find Adda khadyy while kamila moved out of the house to go look for a driver to take her.

Unfortunately all drivers on duty are on an errand. 'why are these people making the wedding look like it's happening tomorrow?' she thought as she saw the activities going on in the house.

"Manal said you'll go get the guest list" Maami said when she saw Mila. "Yes Maami, but there are no drivers" Mila answered.  "Okay let me see if any of the boys are available so they can take you"

Silently praying for luck to be on her side and not be him she nodded with a smile. After a minute or two Maami turned to her, "Jawaad is waiting outside, he'll take you" She announced and Mila felt something sink in the pit of her stomach.
Truly luck is not by her side.

~

Kamila made her way outside the house and she sighted Jawaad standing beside a black Bentley. With a sigh, she marched up to where he's standing.

"Let's go" she said. "Well hello to you too Mila!" he said, and she rolled her eyes without saying a word as she opened the car and sat down, he also entered the car and start the ignition.

"So we meet again" he said, always the one trying to start the conversation.
"Luck isn't by my side you see" she replied with and eye roll.
"I can sense that"
"Good, so now do me a favor by leaving me alone" She snapped, the anger is back.

"Geez, Mila I can never leave you alone" He said, he just knew the right buttons to push to make her angry and he's doing it on purpose. He needs her to release all that she's bottling up.

"I would have believed that 3 years ago, but I'm not as naive as you think I am, this isn't the first time you are leaving someone alone" She gritted.
He sensed the pain in her voice even though she tried to conceal it with anger, but we are talking about Mila, his own Mila and he knows just how her brain works.

There was silence in the car and he so badly wants to talk to her but maybe she isn't just ready yet.

"I'm sorry Mila but please listen to me" he apologized after a while. He desperately wants to settle this. "You know what?! I don't want to talk to you or hear anything from you. I'm done believing your lies" she spat.