Chapter 1: In The Future

"And now, a Paramount Plus made-for-TV movie. It's not a movie, it's a made-for-TV movie." The Narrator said.

The screen of the TV shows an American flag waving over a visual of Vermont.

"From the green hills of Vermont to the verdant canyons of Arizona, people all over the country are beginning to realize it's nearly over! We have almost beaten COVID and the best news of all: things are finally getting back to normal! Infections are at an all-time low. New, stronger vaccinations have ebbed the tide. And we humans are cleaning up the mess and finally getting on with our lives. But as we start to get back to our jobs and schools, one question remains: What lingering effects will the pandemic have on children? Some say no effect at all. The children are just fine. We came together, and finally we can say we are starting to win the war against COVID." The Narrator explained.

The screen of the TV begins to show the visual of Arizona and people celebrating, then over people receiving COVID vaccines, a scene depicting a Zoom building being destroyed, then finally to show a lot of children. The TV also reveals a news broadcast on a desktop computer. It starts chiming, indicating that there is an incoming call for Stan Marsh.

Stan Marsh was sitting on the chair with his legs on the table while he was smoking a cigarette and drinking whiskey as the incoming call was still ringing, he was avoiding it.

"Stan? Stan, the phone's for you! Stan!" Alexa shouted from another room.

"What?!" Stan shouted.

Alexa enters the room by opening the door, Stan was still not paying attention.

"Could you not hear me?" Alexa asked.

"Yeah, dude, but I'm busy working." Stan answered.

"Working on getting drunk again." Alexia said.

"I'm not "getting drunk". I'm an online whiskey consultant. I'm doing research. Everyone needs to leave me alone." Stan explained.

"The guy on the phone said it's important. He said his name is Kyle Broflovski." Alexa said.

Stan gets surprised and turns his chair to face Alexa.

"Kyle?" Stan asked.

Stan goes into the kitchen and picks up his phone, dialing a number to call Kyle.

"Hello?" Stan asked.

"Oh, hi. Is this Stan Marsh, from South Park?" Kyle asked.

"Kyle?" Stan asked.

"Oh, dude, it is you! How have you... how have you been?" Kyle asked.

"I'm... fine. How are you?" Stan asked.

Kyle was sitting in a chair of his office while on the phone.

"I'm good. I'm... I know this is weird. We haven't talked since... well, you know, since it all happened." Kyle said.

"Yeah, well, the pandemic is about over now. I'm moving on with my life." Stan said.

"Stan... you should come back here. There's a lot going on." Kyle said.

"There's nothing in South Park for me, Kyle! I'm not going back there, ever." Stan said.

"Look, dude, you remember when we were little? When the pandemic... first started. Us friends said we'd always be there for each other when things got bad." Kyle explained.

"What do you mean? What's happened?" Stan asked.

"Stan... It's Kenny. He's dead." Kyle said.