Chapter 9: Clyde's Shellfishness

The next day, the army troops are still stationed at the border of South Park.

"Sir! Sir, the town's people are demanding to know when the quarantine will end." The first solder said.

"It'll end when we get the order that everything is safe." Sergeant said.

"But, sir, the people inside are running out of supplies. They're saying they don't have nearly enough chin diapers and people are starting to fight." The first soldier explained.

"I have strict orders not to let anything in or out of this town. They'll just have to make do the best they can in there. Hopefully they can maintain some sense of humanity." Sergeant explained.

"We got a runner! Another one trying to get out!" The second soldier shouted.

"Please! I just need to go to a sporting event!" The man shouted.

The man is shot down and the soldiers all clap together. Meanwhile at the South Park Elementary School Plus, the school bell rings and people chatter in the hallways. Mariah was getting her purse out from her locker, Clyde sees her and walks up to talk to her.

"Mariah, what are you doing?" Clyde asked.

"I'm leaving now." Mariah said.

"You know that you can't leave South Park." Clyde said.

"I was talking about leaving you, because I can't be with you anymore." Mariah said.

"Why?" Clyde asked.

"Because you lied to me about getting vaccinated. I can't be around you anymore. I'm breaking up with you." Mariah answered.

"But Mariah, what about your plan about having kids?" Clyde asked.

"I changed my mind. Goodbye, Clyde." Mariah said.

"Mariah, don't leave me." Clyde said.

"I'm sorry, Clyde. It's over between us." Mariah said.

Mariah takes off her wedding ring, gives it to Clyde and then she walks away to leave. Clyde was standing still while heartbroken until he wanders into the bathroom and brushes his teeth, then puts his backpack in a locker. Wendy, Darwin, Jimmy, Craig, and Tweek went up to Clyde.

"Hey, Clyde. Clyde, can we talk to you for a second?" Jimmy asked.

"Sure, what's up?" Clyde asked.

"Look, Clyde, we all really respect your personal p-p-preferences. But we have things we really need to get back to. We've got jobs a-and careers, people who need us. B-But we're being forced to stay here. So could you maybe just-- just get vaccinated real quick?" Jimmy asked as explained.

"Oh. Um... Nah. I don't wanna." Clyde answered.

The others all groan.

"Look, I'm sorry, guys. It's for health reasons. I can't get vaccinated 'cause I'm allergic to shellfish." Clyde said.

"Clyde, there's no shellfish in the COVID vaccine." Wendy said.

"I know, but I read that sometimes in the lab where the vaccine is made, if somebody ate shellfish, then it can get cross-contaminated and have leftover residual shellfish-ness." Clyde explained.

"So you're saying you won't take the COVID vaccine out of shellfish-ness." Jimmy said.

"Yes, that is correct. Just a general sense of shellfish-ness." Clyde said.

Tolkien was running into the hallway to get the others.

"Everyone, you better come check this out. Look at this. Wait, where's Mariah?" Tolkien asked.

"She left." Clyde answered.

Tolkien runs around the school until he sees Mariah was walking towards the doors, he catches up to get to her.

"Mariah! Don't leave! I need to tell you something." Tolkien said.

"If it's about Clyde, forget it. I have already dumped him because he lied to me about getting vaccinated." Mariah said.

"No. It's not that. I want to show you something, it's about Kenny." Tolkien said.

Mariah turns around to Tolkien as she was surprised. Inside the South Park Elementary Science Wing, the group breaks the door open and looks inside. Tolkien turns the light on, revealing a chair and blood splattered all over the room.

"Is this real?" Mariah asked.

"This must be where Kenny was doing all his research." Wendy said.

"He didn't want to be found, so he used the school as a cover." Tweek said.

"Uh, guys, why is there blood everywhere?" Clyde asked.

Tolkien starts searching through all of the files.

"Everybody, see what you can find. There's got to be a clue here of who killed Kenny." Tolkien said to the others.