Chapter 6: At the Funeral

Back at Stan's hotel room, Stan was watching the news to see Kenny was talking to the female Interviewer.

"Sometimes I feel like things weren't supposed to be like this. Like maybe there are others in control of the way it all turned out. Is that what you're saying, Dr. McCormick? Are you saying that there are other people responsible?" The female Interviewer asked.

Kenny was about to say something, but the female interviewer interrupted him.

"I guess what I'm trying to say, Dr. McCormick, is... your theories seem to point to some kind of people with power. Let me put it another way-- we've all seen the pictures of you working in Egypt, lecturing at MIT. And you always seem to come back to this concept of this mysterious organization who is to blame. Let me put it another way, Dr. McCormick-" The female Interviewer explained.

The TV screen shows the giant white board of Kenny's work, until Stan spotted something.

"Hang on a second. What was that? Alexa, freeze the video." Stan said to Alexa.

Alexa was running into the room.

"What?" Alexa asked.

"Freeze video and reverse playback ten seconds." Stan said in demand.

Alexa reverses the video.

"Stop there." Stan said.

Stan stares at the screen, paused on a white board of Kenny's work.

"Enhance image 20%." Stan said.

"Ugh, whatever." Alexa said.

Alexa zooms closer of the screen of the TV.

"Shift right ten frames. Enhance."

Alexa shifts to the right to show the words, "Tegridy Weed" on the white board.

"Tegridy Weed? Isn't that your dad's old marijuana company?" Alexa asked.

"Oh, shit." Stan said.

The next day, Kenny's funeral was at the church and people are coming in as Scott Malkinson greets the people.

"Hi. Welcome. Welcome, my friends. So blessed to have you here. Hello, my child, thank you for coming." Scott said.

"Yeah, sure." Stan said.

"Wait, Stan? Stan Marsh? Praise be! I haven't seen you in ages!" Scott shouted happily.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Stan asked.

"Well, sure! It's me! Scott Malkinson! Remember me?" Scoot asked.

"Uh, no, sorry." Stan answered.

"I hung out with you guys all the time when we were little. I was the kid with the lisp. Who had diabetes?" Scott asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure... great to see you again." Stan said.

Stan walk away as Tolkien, Mariah, and Clyde enters the church.

"Hey, guys. Great to see you in church. It's Scott Malkinson."

"Who?" Tolkien asked.

"Scott Malkinson, I went to school with you guys?" Scott asked.

"Oh. Okay." Tolkien said.

"It's nice to see you again." Mariah said to Scott.

"Hello. Welcome. Hey! It's me! Scott Malkinson! With the diabetes. No?" Scott asked the other people.

Once everyone was seated, Scott gives a eulogy.

"Kenny McCormick was a cherished son, a wise man, and a wonderful friend. Kenny touched all of our lives and made each and every one of us laugh, cry, and ponder. And in his death, now we can reflect on our own lives. Are we happy? Are we the person we hoped to be? Have we, like Kenny, given all that we can to forgive those around us?" Scott asked as he explained.