Chapter 15: Working Together

Stan, Kyle, Mariah, and Cartman are sitting on the stairs dejectedly.

"Kenny was right. All this time, we've been trying to figure out whose fault this all was. It was our fault." Stan said.

"I can't believe that he insisted that it was because of all of us ever since we were kids back then." Mariah said.

"I remember when we were kids. We were so optimistic. We lost that. We lost our sense of fun. Our sense of humor." Kyle said.

"Maybe the pandemic was a big test. And we all failed." Stan said.

"Let's face it, guys. We killed Kenny." Cartman said.

"That's why our lives were so different here in the future." Mariah said.

"Yeah, Kenny was right." Kyle said.

Kyle stands up.

"Back in the old days we wouldn't give up like this. We would've just set out to save our friend, no matter how impossible it seemed. What we would have done-- and what we should have done then-- is double down on our respect and our love for one another and fight through it instead of fighting with each other." Kyle explained.

Kyle turns around to face the others.

"We can save Kenny. We just have to finish his work." Kyle said.

"How? We don't know anything about quantum physics and time travel." Cartman said.

"What if we can figure it out? We can be able to go through over Kenny's work of time traveling together because it's the only way that we will fix everything to change from the past." Mariah explained.

"Mariah's right. We just got to start believing. In each other and in what is yet to come. We have to go back to being those kids we once were." Kyle explained.

"Even if it means calling Jesus or Santa." Stan said.

"Since we are responsible for all of this, we have to work together." Mariah said.

"Come on, guys, we've got work to do!" Kyle shouted.

"Sounds good. I'll be right back." Cartman said.

Cartman leaves the room and walks into a room where his kids are waiting as Cartman is getting a bag.

"Moisha, Hackelm, kids, get your things. We need to go now." Cartman said to the kids.

"What's going on, Dad?" Moisha asked.

"Your Uncle Kyle wants to go back and change things. He's going to try and change the past along with Mariah and Stan that they are gonna help too." Cartman explained.

"But I like things the way they are." Menorah said.

"Me too, Dad. Do you think he'll be able to do it?" Moisha asked.

"No, kids. Fuck Uncle Kyle." Cartman said.

"Yay!" Menorah and Moisha shouted, happily.

"Yay, Daddy!" Moisha shouted, happily.

"Fuck Uncle Kyle!" Menorah shouted, happily.

In the middle of the fields of Tegridy Farms, Randy is sitting on his knees.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. People were supposed to get kinder in the future. I'm so sorry what happened to both of you." Randy explained.

Shelly and Sharon appear before him as ghosts to talk to Randy.

"It wasn't your fault, Randy. It was all Stan's fault." Sharon said.

"Yes, it was all Stan's fault." Shelly said.

"Thanks for saying that, you guys. I'm sorry Stan sucks so hard sometimes." Randy said.

"Don't give up, Randy. Humanity needs you." Sharon said.

Both Sharon and Shelly float up away. 

"No! I can't do it alone! How can things possibly go back to the way they were?" Randy asked.

The wind gusts, and Randy spots a plant growing out of the dirt.

"It can't be." Randy said.

Randy walks up to it and kneels down beside it.

"It's impossible. It's the last little sprout of Tegridy." Randy said.

Randy uproots the plant.

"I have to get you somewhere safe. We have a lot of work to do." Randy said.

Meanwhile back at the South Park Mental Asylum Plus, the patients are heard slamming against their cell walls and laughing maniacally while the Warden was walking down the hallway with a tray of food until he went to the door of Victor Chouce's room.

"We just had another call asking to speak with Victor Chouce. You're quite a popular man, Victor." The Warden said.

The Warden opens the slide part of the door.

"I wonder what all the fuss is about." The Warden said.

The Warden sets down a tray of food and someone from the other side takes it to eat it.

"Don't feel like talking, huh? You will." The Warden said as he chuckles.

The Warden walks away, the sign revealing the name on the outside of the cell reading "CHAOS, VICTOR".