(11) 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,

For lunch, you found a griffin nest, and stole a couple eggs. Sure, it wasn't the kindest thing to do, but there weren't any baby griffins in any of them, so it's alright.

You ripped off a little piece of the egg for Jax, but you knew that he could feed himself since he mainly only eats insects.

"I've been thinking, Y/N." Hunter began. You looked up at him to show you were listening. "I don't know.. are we positive that this plan will work? And it's not like I wanna leave my friends, like Steve and Darius, at the castle, but I can't come back. It all just seems too risky."

"I mean, I'm sure we could figure something out!" You spoke with confidence.

"No. This is all stupid, I'll just go back to the castle, and you can go back to The Owl House." He said. You widened your eyes in disbelief.

"He'll hurt you, Hunt. For the staff, for being gone for so long, I can't let you- no. I won't let you go back."

"I won't let you walk right into trouble." You tried to grab his hand, but he pulled it away.

"I'll deal with it. I deserve it anyways." He whispered the last part, but you still heard it.

"That can't really be what you think! It's not your fault that we don't have a ride home." You said softly.

"Sure it is. I could've just flown away and not given you the elixir. I could've given it to you as the Golden Guard, and then leave without you ever knowing who I actually am. But I didn't, because all I wanted to do was learn more about your magic, and maybe even become your friend."

You were kind of shocked at this, but you continued to listen closely. "I.. I thought you were cool. But I knew what you thought of me, you only thought of me as Belos' right hand man. How am I supposed to make friends that way?"

"To be honest..." You started, "I would've become your friend, even if I thought that you were only the Golden Guard. I mean, as long as you still acted like yourself, I would've happily explained my magic. I would've done the same thing that we've been doing. The only difference is that I wouldn't see your face, and that's not a big deal." You meant what you said. Plus, you understood deeply what it was like to want to be friends with someone, and not be able to figure out how.

"So you mean I never had to show you my face??" He asked curiously. You chuckled a little and shook your head with a grin.

"But I'm glad you did, or else I would never get to see your pretty eyes." You said, gazing into his crimson eyes.

His cheeks and ears turned a dark red, and you giggled at the flustered boy. "And your adorable face!" You said, squishing his face in your hands. "And don't get me started on your hands." You took his hands and started playing with his fingers.

"You're something, you know that?" Hunter asked you quietly. You chuckled and continued to play with his hands, ignoring the scars easily. He leaned his head against the tree, sighing lightly. 'Definitely something..' He thought.

Hours went by, and all you and Hunter did was talk. You discussed how strange oracle magic is, yet how appealing it can be. You ranted about the fact that Gravity Falls won't have a third season, and Hunter agreed with you.

You guys ate dinner, which was made up of more griffin eggs and wild berries that Hunter had studied and swore they were safe. Before you knew it, the sun was setting, and you and Hunter had a perfect view.