'Falling in Love'

Falling in love is like the rain... It's unpredictable but there are always signs before it completely falls.

This short story of Anidita is set in 1970's(It has a reason ;P) . Here Bondita and Batuk went to study barrister course in London and Italy respectively after completing their school like other elite classmates of them.

About a month ago when the first rain came, the cracked pieces of land healed, embracing the joy of newness. In the first rain drizzle, Standing in his balcony Anirudh too danced alone in merry on arrival of Bondita same day. His yearning heart and longing eyes found the solace finally after five years of separation.

(Past)

Anirudh being Bondita and Batuk's mentor guided them both in their study. He loved them equally. But in these five years, while living away from Bondita he realized that how his small wife had become integral part of his life. He does not only miss his mentee Bondita but had fallen in love with her deeply gradually, the fact only known to his heart not even his brain. In eight years of their marriage under same roof of RC haveli, when she was with him, he couldn't recall any single moment between when their proximity tried to temper their purely platonic relationship.

Their platonic relationship was unacceptable to society, but no attempt to harm their pious bond prospered because Anirudh maturely and sagaciously handled everything. Bondita too only followed him because her heart knew he will not let happen any wrong to her.

With the time her feelings a lil changed too towards himbut Bondita was lacking on depth of knowledge about the butterfly effects she had started to nurture secretly for her Patibabu. Witty Bondita just couldn't open her heart to him about those feelings out of getting caught red handed that they were for him and cherished those giddy feelings blushing multiple times. In London too she still feels shiver down her spine reminiscing that single instance they had shared in the study.

It was last night they were sharing under same roof before he drops her and Batuk at the port for their education journey in Abroad. That night it was raining heavily. Everyone had departed to their rooms post dinner. Anirudh was worried just in case rain doesn't stop next day too, what will happen? He was searching for contact of his higher officials who could help him in getting the possible change of ship boarding time and status, this was the only way he could get some sleep in ease. After getting the status of on time departure he felt relieved. He thought to spend some with Bondita but bothering her privacy and sleep in night his brain didn't approve. He sighed all smiles, reminiscing Bondita's calm face engulfed in beauty sleep.

Standing in front of their framed photo in barrister attire, he grew emotional. Recalling the sweet moments they had spent together, his mind took him down the memory lane. The papers lay forbidden on the center table. A violent short-lived thunderstorm brought him back from the memory lane but this time when he turned, he found Bondita was there rearranging the papers which were now dispersed on the carpet all thanks to racy wind entering his study from the window. He rushed near her to help her. In the process their hands brushed once in a hurry to seize the same paper, avoiding that fleecy flutter he just let it go but their hands met again, her hands on his in order to paste the paper on ground so that it doesn't fly. Their eyes laces not blinking even once evincing the titillating feelings their hearts were not aware by that time. Both still could feel the heat burn their cheeks remembering that differently heartwarming iconic glance they had shared only once.