Week 2, Day 7

I wiped my brow as I straightened myself, satisfied with my completed job. I had taken the last batch of clothes which included the suit jackets/coats and the trousers and arranged them into their respectful cubbies like how I had done yesterday with the button up shirts and vests. I happily crossed off today from my schedule, the only thing left was a final check of the stall I would do with Father whenever Mister Na Mil was available for he was busy tomorrow.

I decided to not give myself a headache by thinking about having to reunite with Father in a day more or less. I was rather enjoying the quiet atmosphere of my hotel room with just me, myself, and him. I was afraid of whatever Father would say for he just couldn't go on with his day without passing a snarky comment to someone, anyone. On my ride back to the hotel, I gave myself a pep talk to not let him get to me, especially if I wanted to be bold and brave enough to leave his business one day and pursue my own career.

At the hotel, I greeted Dong Ju and Hwan Woong who were engaging in what seemed to be a light-hearted conversation at the lobby desk. Dong Myeong remained ever indifferent to me, not even glancing in my direction. I didn't mind though, his twin's bright personality made up for it.

In my room, my coat's collar was starting to chafe at my neck, and I immediately popped the first button to relieve myself. I rubbed at the back of my neck, rolling it out a few times. When I was done, I noticed him sitting on the window seat.

"Hi, didn't see you there," I said sheepishly as I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

He gave me a one shoulder shrug, a smirk playing his lips.

I walked over to my wardrobe, opening the door to the bathroom, taking off my coat and proceeding to prop it up on its hanger.

"What's that?" he asked, hard curiosity lacing his voice.

"Hm?" I turned to him, and he was looking somewhere beneath my face, eyebrows furrowed in a tight frown. I was confused at first but then I remembered.

My scar.

I swiveled away from him, pressing my shirt to my collarbone to cover up the mark. I mentally slapped myself because I let myself slip. All of the other times I would change in front of him, I made sure to keep both wardrobe doors open and for even more safe measure, I kept my back to him so that he wouldn't be able to see it. I gasped as I thought about the party I had first met him at. I didn't give a single thought to whether or not it was visible.

Had he seen it then?

If he had, he must've forgotten about it given the amount of time it's been since we last saw each other and the fact that he seemed extremely bothered by the sight just now. Like he couldn't stand seeing a permanent reminder of past pain engraved into my skin.

"Seo Ho." His stern tone cascaded a chill down my spine as tears filled my eyes. That was it - I had ruined my perfect image he had of me.

My mind was swirling with a tornado of thoughts, most of which were what was I supposed to do and how could I get myself out of this situation. I felt his piercing gaze burn into my back between my shoulder blades. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

I slowly closed the wardrobe door and made my way over to him, picking at my nails.

"Seo Ho. . ." His voice was softer this time.

"I just, I need you to know that I'm not as beautiful as you may think I am," I started, sniffling.

He stood up abruptly and framed my face in his hands. They were soft, almost like what you would expect clouds to feel like.