Epilogue

A/N (Please read):
First, I want to apologize for the delay in publishing this final part of Monster. In light of the accusations made against Ravn, I was debating on whether or not I should complete publishing this story because I do not want it to seem that my doing so condones his alleged actions in any way. I want to make it clear that I do not. I understand that we're all shocked, hurt, worried and so much more because of this, and that all of us Ravn biases such as myself and ONEUS stans in general hope that none of this is true. If the accusations are indeed true, then I pray the victim gets proper justice. But I advise that we all remain neutral and do not jump to conclusions or pick sides until the full and complete truth has been revealed. And I also want those of you who read this story to understand that because Monster is a fiction story with the ONEUS members serving as technically fictional characters for its purposes, that I am merely publishing this last part as a means of finishing the story. Again, I do not condone Ravn's alleged actions, so I hope there will be no misunderstandings in my publishing of the Epilogue. I understand if you choose to not read this part because you do not feel comfortable, and I apologize for this. I want to sincerely thank all of you who have read, voted on Monster, and added it to your reading list(s), I truly appreciate your support. As hard as it is, let's try to stay strong ToMoons and hope for the best. 

It took a while for everyone to digest Young Jo and I's story, to process the fact that he was alive, been alive. At first, I planned to leave and let the family have their privacy, however, Miss Nari said I deserved to stay. I had saved her son's life after all, she reasoned.

The first thing I did was write a detailed letter to Keon Hee and Ji A about my extended stay. They had come the next day to prove my words were true, and they couldn't believe their eyes. Keon Hee was convinced his were deceiving him until he went up to greet him and felt Young Jo's very real handshake his. Father was on another business trip following the news of the success of the fair, found out through word of mouth and of course, the press.

In the beginning, they all seemed to tiptoe around Young Jo, almost as if had they laid a finger on him, he would disappear into thin air. In fact, no one had made to embrace him when I brought him to them for the first time. Instead, they all remained in their places, gaping like they were seeing his cursed self. There wasn't a tear shed, not a smile that broke out onto any of their faces, no sighs of relief. It was a mere acknowledgment and for the first week, no one said a word to him.

This undoubtedly upset Young Jo for this was the last kind of reunion he was expecting. I assured him that they just needed some time to get used to him being here after being accustomed to him not being here. And I was right for one night, after dinner when Young Jo (who usually left the table first), got up from his seat and was just about to take his leave, was stopped by Dong Ju.

He had clutched his arm, and everyone stopped and turned, waiting to see what was going to happen now that someone had finally made contact with him. But when Dong Ju pulled Young Jo into a hug, burying his face in the crook of his neck as the first sobs racked his body, the rest of them left their food aside and joined them.

They had all begun to wail the second their arms felt him for the first time in ten years, and I quietly slipped out of the room, hearing the faintest 'thank the stars' just as I stepped into the hall. Not too long after I had gone back to my room, they all filed in with Miss Nari asking if we could tell them everything. After getting confirmation that she, all of them, were sure that they were ready - we went back to the very beginning. And when we finished, Miss Nari embraced me as if I was the son she had lost all those years back.

"Thank you," she whispered as she held my face in her hands, tears streaming down her cheeks and dripping onto her dress. I nodded firmly, pressing my lips into a thin line before she moved to take Young Jo in her arms as well.