Week 4, Day 7

I was up with the sun in the morning. I had one last errand to take care of before the fair. Young Jo lay fast asleep next to me. I worked quietly before exiting the room, slipping through the tiniest crack of the door so that the slightest sliver of light wouldn't disturb him.

I descended the stairs to see the twins getting the lobby desk ready for the day. Dong Ju very clearly was only half awake.

He mumbled what I assumed was a 'good morning' before asking what I was doing so early in the morning. I simply told him he'd see, daring to wink at him which woke him up alright. Maybe Young Jo was starting to become a bad influence on me.

The carriage I had arranged for beforehand, not too long after I had "fallen" asleep and when I was certain Young Jo wouldn't arouse, was waiting for me at the front of the hotel.

"You remember the address, yes?" I confirmed with the driver after greeting him. He gave me a solemn nod before pulling away from the hotel.

This errand took roughly about three hours, with enough time left over for me to return, dine, and leave for the fair. As per my conversation with Miss Nari, I had until after the fair to break this curse and pack my luggage.

I had worn a hooded coat upon my departure, and I kept the hood over my head as I made my leave of the carriage. I pulled it down ever so slightly to reveal the errand I carried out in the morning and Dong Ju's, alongside Hwan Woong's, who was near the lobby desk, jaws dropped beyond the lush, carpeted floor.

I snickered at their reactions which were the exact ones I was hoping for as I wore the hood once more and jogged upstairs. Young Jo was pacing the room when I entered.

"Hey, where did you go?" he asked me, placing his hands on my waist as I neared him.

"You'll see," I replied, an answer he seemed very intrigued and satisfied with.

We sat on the window seat, having small conversations about nothing before Hwan Woong came up with my breakfast tray.

"You're probably the only guest I'm going to miss serving meals to," he commented as he handed over the tray. I chuckled timidly before bowing at him sincerely.

"What are you doing?" he questioned, alarmed as he desperately grabbed my arms to stop me. As his elder, I didn't necessarily have to show the gesture of respect but for what it's worth, Hwan Woong deserved it.

"Thank you for everything, really," I told him, the subtle feeling of tears working their way to my eyes causing me to tilt my head back and blink rapidly.

"Stop that!" he scolded me as he playfully smacked my arm. "You're not officially leaving just yet," he reminded me in a quiet and rather bashful voice.

"No, I know, I'll definitely get your contact before I do," I thought out loud.

"And I yours," he agreed, returning the bow.

I tsked before murmuring, "Whatever."

He huffed at me before turning on his heel. I giggled at our childishness as I closed the door.

I rejoined Young Jo on the window seat and we ate together in a comforting silence. After we finished, he inquired if I had some time to spare before leaving for the fair.

I glanced at the clock and saw I still had a good hour and thirty minutes.

I nodded as I hummed. "Why?"

He got up from the seat and walked over to the bed. From underneath, he pulled out what appeared to be a briefcase but I caught sight of the musical instruments company name on the front and understood that it was a case record player. There were a good two or three records underneath it.