Week 3, Day 3

I went to sleep last night, elated. Just as I was about to give up hope of ever remembering what his name was despite my stubborn mind constantly guessing, it finally presented itself to me. Although not in the way I would have imagined, I decided not to linger too much on that and instead focus on the fact that now I know.

Young Jo.

I thought about it as I made my way back to my room and as I lay to sleep, how the name suits him perfectly as if it was specifically structured to capture his entire being into it. I anticipated the moment I spoke it aloud for as I continued to ponder, I realized it had been quite some time since I last said it. Perhaps it's safe for me to rephrase myself a little for in truth, I didn't get a wink of sleep last night but I was rejuvenated nonetheless because all that mattered was his name.

I worked fast in the bathroom when I awoke today, so much so that I barely could recall what I had done a few mere seconds ago. I didn't even bother to change when I exited, immediately striding over to the bed, kneeling and tapping frantically. I could taste it on the tip of my tongue, and I was just waiting for the moment as beautiful and shocking as when I learned what it was again.

However, it was so silent, the drop of a pin would be deafening. I frowned as I listed my head to the side a bit. I moved to sit cross-legged and tapped quieter this time yet was met with the same response.

I licked my lips now gone dry and decided to take a risk. Just as I opened my mouth, I caved. I shook my head at myself before rolling out my shoulders and clearing my throat.

"Y-Young Jo."

A tiny gasp fluttered from my lips as I felt my heart bloom. The sense of familiarity that washed over me was dizzying like I was experiencing a bad deja vu I never wanted to end.

But he didn't come out, and an unsettling feeling began to drain out the happiness I once felt like a leech draining someone of their blood.

I wanted to try once more, but this time my mind told me to leave it. I got up from the floor reluctantly and got dressed for the day slowly as suddenly, I had no energy to do anything. I kept glancing over at the bed and chastising myself for getting too carried away and not thinking over it rationally. The thought that loomed over me the most was what if I had angered him?

This crowded my head to the point where I zoned out and Hwan Woong had to open my door slightly to give me my breakfast tray.

"Seo Ho?"

His voice startled me and I jumped out of my skin.

He bowed deeply and said, "My apologies, you didn't respond when I called your name and if I may admit, it did concern me quite a bit."

"No need please, it's my fault," I dismissed his apology, feeling somewhat embarrassed as I stood in only my trousers and undershirt.

An awkward silence passed between us before he beckoned the tray at me, and I hurried to take it from him. We exchanged many quick bows, apologies, and expressions of gratitude before I closed the door.

I finished changing after setting the tray on the desk, and soon began to eat but couldn't stomach much as my mind was occupied with him.

I put the tray outside, the contents barely being touched, and continued to lay around on my bed as I thought about all the potential things I could do yet the mere thought of doing them discouraged me further.

"I'm sorry," I said after a while. "I just-," I forced my brain to think of something appropriate to say to him that would make him show himself to me but it blanked on me so I shook my head and simply repeated myself, "I'm sorry."