4.

The Vala of doom woke up to the sun rising, warm and bright. He was feeling good after a full night's rest and was looking forward to getting out of the now stuffy room. Though most of all, he was looking forward to seeing the halfling again, Lóthperian.

However, when the door opened and Námo's gray eyes looked up, Lóthperian was not standing there. Instead there stood a tall, slender elf with dark straight hair like his. She walked over to him with the tray in hand, but it wasn't the food Lóthperian always made him. He wondered where she was and why she wasn't here and this new elf was.

"Where is Lóthperian?" He asked, making the dark haired elf frown.

"Why is it important? I got you breakfast, please eat." She responded, annoyed. She'd been hoping to get to know the new elf after hearing about him.

"Please fetch her for me. Lord Elrond appointed her to watch after me." Námo said more sternly. She huffed and walked off, annoyed by the Vala.

Lóthperian was waiting outside his door and the other elf didn't pay her any attention. When she was gone and out of sight, Lóthperian went inside quietly, her head hung down in shyness. That dark haired female elf had told her to leave Námo alone, even though she had been tasked to help him by her adar.

"How are you?" She asked him, sitting down beside him.

"Better, now that you're here." He responded. Lóthperian smiled shyly, not expecting that answer.

"I'm sorry I wasn't in, that other girl told me to let her take care of you today." Lóthperian said quietly. "I hope you like this breakfast." She added on, helping him sit up though he didn't really need it.

He ate in silence, he could tell today it'd been prepared by someone else and although it wasn't as good as Lóthperian but he said nothing.

"How are you feeling today? Did you sleep well?" Lóthperian ventured to ask, playing with her chubby fingers. Námo found it cute in a way when she did that.

"Good. I hope my new room is ready. What level is it on?" Námo asked, trying to start a conversation with Lóthperian.

"I'm glad to hear, I hope your wound isn't hurting you too much anymore. Elrond put me to the task of sprucing up your room. It's on the floor above us."

"I'm sure you did wonderful. Thank you, Lóthperian." He responded but the half hobbit said nothing, the two sitting in a comfortable silence as the Vala finished his breakfast. When done, Lóthperian helped him get out of bed.

When Námo stood at full height, Lóthperian felt smaller than ever in his presence. He stood at least seven feet (215 cm) tall. Lóthperian had wanted to help him if he needed a shoulder to lean on, but she was too small to even be a crutch, being barely five feet (155 cm) tall herself. His raven straight hair reached his mid back, his dark robes seeming to extend his height. Lóthperian felt like a little mouse next to a tomcat.

Námo followed behind Lóthperian, walking slowly as he went up the stairs with Lóthperian keeping an eye on him to make sure he didn't fall. Námo smiled at her concern and safely made his way up the steps as Lóthperian led him to his new room. She stopped at the third door and pushed it open gently.

It was a larger room with a longer bed with a wooden frame. The walls were a wooden color with two large windows on both sides of the bed for light. There was a dresser and a small bookcase with some books Lóthperian thought he'd like. It was cool yet comfy, with the sunlight beaming through the windows.

"Why, it's lovely. Thank you Lóthperian." Námo said after a bit. The little half elf smiled while the Vala sat down on the bed, taking in a deep breath.