10.

Lóthperian looked down into her lap as her older sister, Arwen, was braiding her hair for the wedding. She'd come in the early morning and learned of Lóthperian's marriage and had insisted she at least do her hair and makeup, so happy that her little sister had found love.

Arwen had quickly stitched together little pale flowers on Lóthperian's best dark blue dress earlier that morning, doing her best with the time she had to make sure her little sister had the best dress possible. She kept braiding her hair in a beautiful way that only she could until it was finished with little flower clips.

Arwen then began by applying some light makeup on Lóthperian's face. She did it with great care, making her look beautiful in a way she never expected.

"You look so beautiful, Lóthperian." Arwen said to her after she finished, leaning over her shoulder. "Námo is so lucky to have you." She added on, smiling. She was so happy for her little sister, she deserved all the happiness in the world.

"Arwen, I need to ask you something." Lóthperian said, her voice a little nervous.

"Yes?"

"What do I do when the wedding is over and Námo takes me to bed? I know a little but I'm so nervous about it. What if I can't please him?" Lóthperian asked, her face going from happy to scared in a few seconds.

Arwen couldn't help but blush a little at her little sister's innocent question.

"Oh Lóthperian, he'll still love you even if it's horrible. All you need to do is relax and let him enter you gently, I've heard it feels very good after a few times. For men it comes more naturally, but knowing Námo you have nothing to fret about." Arwen comforted her. Even though she hadn't done it herself, she knew much more than Lóthperian.

"Will it hurt much?" Lóthperian asked, looking up at her much taller older sister.

"Only a little, from what I know. But it'll feel wonderful after a while, it's a gift from the Valar. I'm sure Námo knows what he's doing. When you're married you two are allowed to sexually explore." Arwen said, sitting down beside her and pulling her into a hug. Lóthperian felt a little better, but the idea of sex still scared her. He was just so much taller and bigger than her, but that was a couple hours away at least.

"Thank you Arwen. I will miss you when I sail." Lóthperian said, just realizing that it would also be a long time till she saw her again, when Elrond sailed, she thought.

"As will I, but do not think of me too much. For you have Námo now and that will be enough to keep you happy, I believe. Now I must get going, but our ada will be speaking to you before you walk down the aisle." She said, giving Lóthperian a kiss on the forehead.

She then left and Elrond entered, a smile on his face.

"You look beautiful..." He said, as Lóthperian got up and saw her ada smiling down at her. "You've become a beautiful young woman, I see that now." The Peredhel said, his right hand brushing her cheek.

"Ada..." Lóthperian began, blushing.

"Let me admire my youngest on her special day. I have something precious for you and today I am giving it to you." He said, opening his right hand to reveal a necklace. It was an eight pointed star, like the star of Fëanor. It had a faint color to it that had faded away over the years.

"This belonged to your father that was fashioned by his mother in the days before the sundering of Valinor. I believe it is time you inherit this, your father would want you to have it." Elrond said gently, putting it around her neck, the star sitting on her bosom.

"Who was he? I have always wanted to know. Oh ada, please tell me." Lóthperian asked him, taking his hands. Elrond sighed, knowing that it was time he revealed to her the truth.