• 8 •

THE CONSULTING DAUGHTER

.:CHAPTER 8:.

SHERLOCK GENTLE HOLMES

Athena threw open her cupboard and peered in, holding tightly to the towel that covered her. Her wet, curly, hair was wrapped tightly with a second towel. Athena grabbed the pair of jeans and a t-shirt, nearest to her and slammed the cupboard shut.

She threw the shirt over her head and pulled on the pair of jeans. Then she opened the towel off her hair and vigorously dried her dark, curly, yet silky hair.

She stood in front of the mirror and looked at her reflection. She could see her mother's locket around her neck.

Without even realising it, her hands grabbed tightly at the pendent.

"Mum. . ." She whispered, smiling sadly.

There hadn't been one single time that she saw her mother without wearing that locket around her neck and after she died, it hurt like hell to know she would never wear it again.

That she would never be back again.

Athena, being Sherlock's daughter, was less emotional and a bit cold, bit, seriously, she had a heart. A heart that ached for her lost mother to come back. Though, she knew it would never happen. No matter what.

Her eyes stung as tears began to fill them. She blinked, and allowed the tears flow down her cheeks. It's been weeks, since, she actually let her feelings go and she actually cried for her mother.

That locket, was kind of a thing that made her feel close to her mother. From which she thought she could actually talk to her.

"I miss you so much. . ." She whispered, not even surprised at the amount of tears that leaked her bright Aqua green eyes.

"It's not the same without you, Mum. I really miss your cocky self, the jokes you made. You being with me. Like it was. Like I thought it always would." She closed her eyes in pain and almost sobbed as she went on.

"It's been days since I saw you, and the more the days go by, the more it hurts. And what makes it even worse is that to know that I would, never, never, be able to hear your voice. Never be able to talk to you again. Never see you.

"It is so weird not to listen to your rambles, I found so boring. It is weird not to hear you joke about ourselves and others. I miss us laughing like anything at night, for no reason at all. I miss our movie nights. I miss you being with me when the school called you, because I punched Sam in the face. The way you withdrew me from the school, and I got homeschooled.

"I miss us, Mum. I miss it soo damn much." Athena sobbed, her body shaking from grief. She fell down on the bed and curled against the sheets pulling her knees close to her chest.