Chapter 5

"We got so close that time." Penny sighed.

"Yeah, that ended up being a recurring thing. Pretty annoying to be honest. It's as if it was deliberately being drawn out for as long as possible or something..."

"Well, it ended up happening eventually and that's what matters."

"I'm really glad it did." He smiled at her.

"Me too!" She smiled back. "So, what did you end up doing with the gi then? I've never seen you wear it again after that day."

"Oh, uh, I think we still have it packed away in the attic simewhere."

"Oh really? You know, maybe you should get it back out, for old times' sake? Become the Karate Weiner again?"

"Hmmm...maybe I will. In fact, I could probably get actual lessons this time too. Ooh, even better, I could ask mom to teach me, that way we wouldn't have to pay for it!"

"Wait, hold-up, your mom knows karate?!"

"Oh yeah, did I not tell you? She's a black belt. Trained with Masami's mom when they were kids."

"Wow, really!? That's actually pretty awesome!"

"Well, unless you get her angry..."

"Is she really that bad when she's angry?"

"Oh boy, you have no idea. You do not want to see her when she's angry. You don't even want to be within a five-mile radius of her. Preferably even further."

She laughed.

"No seriously, she's terrifying when she's mad. A true force to be reckoned with."

"I wonder if you have any of that anger or power inside of you."

"Eh, I don't think so. It's very rare for me to get genuinely angry, and I basically never hold grudges either. I'm usually pretty calm most of the time.

"Yeah, thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen you angry. You've gotten a little mad sometimes, but never full on anger."

"Do you want to?" He said in a deep voice, making his eyes slits, unsheathing his claws and showing his teeth.

"Woah, that's creepy!"

He began to walk over to her slowly and intimidating, as she watched genuinely feeling frightened by his display.

"Okay, you can stop now!"

He continued and stopped in front of her. "Gumball? I said stop..."

He leaned forward and, mere inches from her face, began to grin creepily, showing all of his teeth, and slowly tilting his head to the side.

She had to fight the urge to turn into a mouse and hide in the bush. "Gumball, s-stop, please!"

He suddenly leaned even closer and...smiled happily as he began to purr and nuzzle her.