Author's Notes

Whew, you finally made it to the end!

This took many, many hours to write, lots of going back and tweaking and improving previous chapters but I'm pretty happy with the final product. I do think it maybe dragged on a little bit in a couple of places, mainly the scenes between the flashbacks, but overall I'm still very happy with it.

I tried to include references to as many episodes the two were in together as possible, as well as my own scenes/interactions without it seeming forced.

I also included a couple of cheeky fourth wall breaks for fun.

I had to have Gumball to sing Yellow to Penny as the finale as with her literally being yellow and the song fitting so well it was too good an idea to pass up on.

I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Credit to all the following artists who's art I used for Chapters 2-9:

2- Tulip-Olsen-22
3- Alekrai Z
4- dorkdaya
5- T-Whiskers
6- 4br1l
7- JoetheJohnston
8- deltaplanet
9- Cyan-artsy

EDIT 10/08/22: Went back and improved/tweaked certain lines and added a few new ones as well as completely rewriting some sections and also fixed spelling and grammar mistakes.

EDIT: 29/08/22: Fixed all spelling and grammar mistakes.

EDIT: 17/11/22: Further rewrote and improved various sections, especially Chapters 3-8, added artwork to Chapter 1-9.