Robin VI

⚠️Depictions/Mentions of Self Harm | Depression | Slight Mention of Death | Mental Health Struggles⚠️

I sat down on a big rock on the beach with my blade in hand, staring out at the setting sun and watching the waves splash against the shore. My wrist burned from the cuts I had just made, but at least I didn't feel numb anymore. I glanced down at my wrist as my hands began to shake and stared at the crimson blood seeping from my wounds. 

"Nightwing?" a voice called from behind me, and I quickly turned around and hid my wrist behind my back, my eyes wide.

Halo stood behind me with her hands clasped together, looking concerned. I frowned slightly. How long had she been standing there?

"What's up?" I asked. "Did you need something?"

"I just felt like I needed to come here," she said. "Is something wrong? I sense... pain."

"Uh, no, nothing's wrong," I lied. 

She flew towards me and sat down next to me. Her gaze immediately went to my wrist that I was previously hiding from here.

"You're bleeding!" she exclaimed in horror, beginning to turn violet.

"No, don't heal me, please," I said quickly, and she stopped glowing and gave me a confused look.

"Why don't you want to be healed?" she asked. "You're bleeding!"

"I'm fine," I said, not sure how to explain it to her. "I can take care of it. Please, just... don't heal me."

Her gaze went to the bloody razorblade I had set down on the rock next to me. "Did you... do that? To yourself?"

I pursed my lips. "Um... yeah."

"Why?"

A thousand different reasons flooded through my head, but instead of telling the truth I said, "Just... because I need to. Listen, Halo, you should go home."

"...Okay," she said, standing up. "Should I... forget this ever happened?"

I sighed. "That would be great."

She simply nodded, opened up a boom tube, and disappeared through it. I laid down on the rock and stared up at the sky. Stars were beginning to appear, and I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing that somewhere up there, Wally was looking down from them.

***

"Okay, today is going to just be training," I said, scratching at the bandages that were hidden underneath my clothes. "But today, Superboy is going to be training you. Good luck."

I sat down next to Artemis as they began fighting with Superboy. We were silent for a little while before she said, "Violet told me about what happened last night."

I sighed and laid back. "Of course she did."

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked, turning to face me. "I'm starting to become really worried about you, Dick. You keep saying that you're fine but you always seem to have new bandages on your wrist every time I see you."

"I am fine," I said, not making eye contact with her. "It's just my way of coping with things. We've talked about this, Artemis, and I told you I don't feel comfortable talking about it."

She sighed and looked away, crossing her arms. "Fine. But seriously, Dick, if you ever want to talk about it—"

"I know, I know," I cut in. "You'll listen. That's what everybody says."

"I mean it," she said. "I know you keep saying you don't want to talk about it, but I'm serious when I say that I'll listen to you. You can tell me things, Dick."

"What if I don't want to?" I said, turning towards her. "I feel much more comfortable not telling you everything that happens in my daily life, and it would be absolutely amazing if you could stop bothering me about it every da** minute, Artemis."

I stood up and walked away, clenching my teeth so I wouldn't yell anything else. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! Constructive criticism is welcome!

-ziakalar