Robin XIV

⚠️PTSD | Mentions of Self Harm | Depression | Anxiety | Flashbacks | Strong Mentions of Death | Mental Health Struggles⚠️

Klarion's hand was placed on my forehead before I could dodge away, and suddenly, my conscious was ripped away and I found myself standing in the Batcave, staring blankly at the computer screens in front of me.

I felt... empty. I looked down at my hands and studied my wrists. There were no scars on them, but my hands looked... smaller. My arms looked thinner. Was this a flashback?

"Listen, Dick, I'm sorry about your parents," Batman said, suddenly appearing next to me and placing a hand on my shoulder. "But we have people to save. Come on."

My parents. My parents are dead.

As I looked up to start walking to where my costume was, still feeling oddly numb, I was transported to a different scene. I was back in the old headquarters of the team, at Mount Justice before it blew up. According to my surroundings, it was way before it exploded. 

"...Roy is a clone. As far as we're aware, the real Roy is dead," Batman said.

I looked down at the ground, pursing my lips. Zatanna put her hand on my shoulder but I shrugged her off, walking away.

Roy is dead. Why didn't I save him? He was right in front of me all those months ago... why didn't I do more to reach out to him?

The scene shifted again when I looked up. I was now standing in front of the hollogram of Jason, and I glanced down at my wrists, beginning to see the scars piling up. 

Why didn't I try looking for him harder? Why wasn't I there when he needed me?

My body felt empty and numb. Tears filled my eyes and fell down my cheeks, and I let them. When I rubbed my tears away, the scene had changed once again. It was freezing cold this time and the wind was blowing violently, but I remembered this memory all too well. This time, I didn't feel numb about his death. I felt extreme, excruciating pain. 

Why didn't I spend more time with him?  Why were we so mad at each other before he died? Why did I never tell him how I felt?

I squeezed my eyes shut as tears fell down and harshly twisted his ring against my finger, trying to forget all this. Why was I seeing this? All of the deaths I was still trying my best to get over... even though Roy didn't actually die, it had still really hurt at the time.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a new place. Standing outside the Bio ship, waiting for Gar to come out and tell us about his trip. He came out of the ship with a glum face, and when we all asked him what was wrong, he told us about Connor's death. 

"Stop it!" I screamed, dropping to my knees as tears fell from my eyes. 

My heart felt shattered. I couldn't take anymore of this. It felt like everyone was dying all over again. With my PTSD and depression already at an all time high, seeing all the people I cared about die again wasn't helping at all. I just kept my eyes shut as tightly as I could and tried not to focus on what was going on around me as small sobs racked my body. 

I raked my hands through my hair and pressed my index fingers into the corners of my eyes, trembling. I could hear people screaming, I could hear gunshots, and I could smell smoke but I refused to open my eyes. I didn't need any more reminders of my trauma. 

"Nightwing, you need to wake up,"  a voice said, cutting through all the noise. 

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around, seeing I was back in Fate's tower. Everyone was surrounding me and I suddenly realized I was still crying, so I quickly wiped away my tears and asked, "Where's Klarion?"